Thread: Rampant graffiti force closure of Joshua Tree National Park

Default Rampant graffiti force closure of Joshua Tree National Park

I have not seen anyone mention this news yet.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...695_story.html
    "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp

Oh the fantasies of catching someone doing something like this with noooooone else around.

Oh if they know that pics are posted on facebook then don't they know WHO posted those pics and WHO passed them along and can't someone do a little police/enforcement work?
    cigar smoking, wilderness first responding, ham talking night nurse who is overland certified and a fellow of the Royal Geographical Society.....
    now everyone say "so what where have you been lately?"

Such a dam shame.
    2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    www.dirtroadtrip.com
    Scratching the itch for off-road adventure one weekend, one vacation at a time, taking our trucks well off the beaten path one day and driving them to work the next!

Should change the title of your post. Closed "sites", not the whole park. And yes, it is indeed a fantasy of mine to catch someone in act. I'm sure these vandals grow up to be the idiots who shoot road signs and all rest too.
    2004 Dodge 2500 CTD 4WD FWC
    1960 Jeep CJ5
    KK6AUI
    Member CA4WDC, BRC, UFWDA, Tread Lightly
    "The welfare of the people has always been the alibi of tyrants, and it provides the further advantage of giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience"
    - Albert Camus

On the catching vandals thing, many years ago while working as a pizza delivery guy one of my regulars was in a less than desirable area. Across the road was the original home prior to subdivision. Big white picket fence running down two streets. Invariably you would see ugly tags on it and then by the next week the owner had painted over them. This was an ongoing battle.

One night I was delivering pizza and saw a kid start to tag the fence as I was about to run over he suddenly slammed into the fence a couple times, then a big cloud of paint. The owner had grabbed him through the fence and then sprayed the contents if the can all over him. Not bad for an 80 year old.

Makes me believe that public executions by guillotine should be brought back for creeps and scum of the earth that would do crimes like this in a National Park.

That would have been fun to see on video.
    Quote Originally Posted by grimbo View Post
    On the catching vandals thing, many years ago while working as a pizza delivery guy one of my regulars was in a less than desirable area. Across the road was the original home prior to subdivision. Big white picket fence running down two streets. Invariably you would see ugly tags on it and then by the next week the owner had painted over them. This was an ongoing battle.

One night I was delivering pizza and saw a kid start to tag the fence as I was about to run over he suddenly slammed into the fence a couple times, then a big cloud of paint. The owner had grabbed him through the fence and then sprayed the contents if the can all over him. Not bad for an 80 year old.
    Well, a hooker would get the joke.

These guys must feel like real men. Painting on things far from people when nobody is around.

Quote Originally Posted by plainjaneFJC View Post

That would have been fun to see on video .

Quote Originally Posted by Red, View Post
    Now THAT'S forking awesome!! what a piece of crap, totally deserved a worse beating than what it looked like he recieved.
    1991 Chevy V3500.
    1999 Chevy K2500 Suburban.
    1965 Toyota Stout.
    1985 Kawasaki GPZ900.
    1984 K5 Blazer.