Rampant graffiti force closure of Joshua Tree National Park

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Oh the fantasies of catching someone doing something like this with noooooone else around.

Oh if they know that pics are posted on facebook then don't they know WHO posted those pics and WHO passed them along and can't someone do a little police/enforcement work?

craig333

Expedition Leader
Should change the title of your post. Closed "sites", not the whole park. And yes, it is indeed a fantasy of mine to catch someone in act. I'm sure these vandals grow up to be the idiots who shoot road signs and all rest too.

grimbo

Explorer
On the catching vandals thing, many years ago while working as a pizza delivery guy one of my regulars was in a less than desirable area. Across the road was the original home prior to subdivision. Big white picket fence running down two streets. Invariably you would see ugly tags on it and then by the next week the owner had painted over them. This was an ongoing battle.

One night I was delivering pizza and saw a kid start to tag the fence as I was about to run over he suddenly slammed into the fence a couple times, then a big cloud of paint. The owner had grabbed him through the fence and then sprayed the contents if the can all over him. Not bad for an 80 year old.

roverrocks

Expedition Leader
Makes me believe that public executions by guillotine should be brought back for creeps and scum of the earth that would do crimes like this in a National Park.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
That would have been fun to see on video.
On the catching vandals thing, many years ago while working as a pizza delivery guy one of my regulars was in a less than desirable area. Across the road was the original home prior to subdivision. Big white picket fence running down two streets. Invariably you would see ugly tags on it and then by the next week the owner had painted over them. This was an ongoing battle.

One night I was delivering pizza and saw a kid start to tag the fence as I was about to run over he suddenly slammed into the fence a couple times, then a big cloud of paint. The owner had grabbed him through the fence and then sprayed the contents if the can all over him. Not bad for an 80 year old.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste