New meat

wyattsf150

Hi everyone,
Been lurking around for awhile and finally figured its time to post pictures of my rigs. First off my dd/farm/ranch/expedition truck a ford f250 v10 6spd fx4 with protech flatbed, 285/70/17 cooper atr's and 3:73 gears and 72k original miles. And my toy/project that fell in my lap from a friends father inlaw a 1991 ford bronco 351w e40d 3:55s 32/11.50/15 bfg at's. Feel free to shoot away with any questions!
-Wyatt

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    524.4 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    567 KB · Views: 20

wyattsf150

Plans for the superduty
6 inch lift
37s (maybe twf 37s and bead locks)
4:56 gears
Cummins swap letter on

Bronco plans
Freshen up motor
33s
4 inch lift
4:10 gears
Repaint

bfdiesel

Explorer
Which cummins motor are you going to use? CR, p-pump, ve, vp44? Swapping the whole drivetrain or just the motor? Are you planning on dually axles or recentering the h1 rims? Why 4.56 gears, with a cummins you should be able to do 3.73 and be plenty deep enough with the torque 3.55 would still work great?

wyattsf150

Well I've got a line on a wrecked 92 cummins so hopefully the deal will go threw. As is common knowledge first gens are worth their weight in gold no matter the condition. As for the rest of the drivetrain I'd like to keep the zf6 and stock transfer case but I will have to swap to a diesel zf6 as the bell housing is smaller on gas motors and the adapters are available for diesel transmissions which would make the conversion simple (relatively speaking). I suppose I should have been more specifics about gears. I would swap in the 4:56s if I decide to keep the v10 which in my opinion is an exceptional motor but is quiet thirsty. Still trying to crunch numbers and see if then conversion is beneficial. But hey the cool factor of a ford cummins is probably worth the cost alone :bike_rider:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online