Official OZTENT review

Gear

Explorer, Overland Certified OC0020
Great Review. Question do all of the accessories(Deluxe Front Panels, etc.) fit in the large bag on top of the Suburban. Or do you have to store them by themselves.

Thanks

I look forward to seeing a USA supplier.

IZZYDUSIT

Adventurer
Awsome post-thanks!
The first time I saw that set up on this forum a while back, I tried to call the guys at urbancrusiser, trying to buy their rv2 but no answer- too bad.
I had the same idea for using it like Spressomon described, on my Eeze-awn which is mounted on myM416.
its a great addition to a base camp if you plan to stay for a few days or have more people then the RTT can handle .I'm looking forward to a U.S dealer-I'll be ordering mine as soon as one is established.

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
Gear said:
Great Review. Question do all of the accessories(Deluxe Front Panels, etc.) fit in the large bag on top of the Suburban. Or do you have to store them by themselves.

Thanks

I look forward to seeing a USA supplier.

For the RV-4 they will fit but it is tight. The RV-3 unit comes in the same storage bag so getting them into the bag with an RV-3 should be a snap.

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
IZZYDUSIT said:
I tried to call the guys at urbancrusiser, trying to buy their rv2 but no answer- too bad.

Yea those guys are terrible. I tried to get ahold of them two years ago for about 6 months. All the mud members took up for him because he was going through a divorce. I felt for the guys but it is not an excuse you can use forever. Finally on a trip to ATL a year ago I drove over to the shop. Everyone was real nice but I was told that they pretty much just put in 1 order to get a few tents for themselves. They were not going to reorder. I wish they would take them off the web site since they are not carrying them anymore.

dirtysouth

Adventurer
IZZYDUSIT said:
Awsome post-thanks!
The first time I saw that set up on this forum a while back, I tried to call the guys at urbancrusiser...

Trust me, you don't want to deal with Urban Landcruisers. :mad:

Spikepretorius

Explorer
I think they are great and with a bit of ingenuity you can rig it so the awning part becomes an extension of your truck when camping.

Unfortunately in South Africa they are very expensive and way out of my price range.

ckkone

Explorer
The only thing I don't like about it is the fact it can't be broken down smaller to fit in easily in the back of a wagon, other than that it's rad!

Give us more

Nullifier,

Sure hope you keep us updated after you get some field use under your belt. WOuld love to see some pics with 2 cots in the tent. :wings:

Gear

Explorer, Overland Certified OC0020
Do we know who the new supplier is going to be. I am interested.

88vanaroo

I recently ordered an RV-5, peak side panels, etc. It arrived in less than a week. Although not cheap, it is very well made and should last a lifetime.
I ordered it from:
Bright Path Enterprises
78 South Fairfield Rd. #107-109,
Layton UT 84040 USA

Phone: +1 801 660 4140
email: sales@oztent.us

I have family in Australia and they have traveled the outback extensively and people swear by these tents.

Thanks to the original poster of this thread, the pictures were spot on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior