Hitch mounted tray type bike mounts?

balexander87

Observer
It's weird that it doesn't show in the picture, but it must be just the wrong angle because the glide bar on mine is the new style with the serrated top. Makes a really loud, positive "ziiiiip" when you cinch it down :) The countersunk cap screws are nice as well. The older style didn't have these, I don' think. My buddies older one is like that and there was one time the protruding head of the bolt sort of jammed up the red release lever. Was worried I'd screwed the whole thing up :-/

Thanks for the tip, though. I definitely feel the serrated glide bar makes the rack even safer and easier to use.

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
You probably do, just a weird angle. :) I got mine around 2012 I think and as near as I can tell those glide bars are the only thing that's changed (but mine did have countersunk screws, just smooth glide bar). I couldn't say what they looked like before I got mine but if you have smooth ones with countersunk screws it's painless to upgrade.

balexander87

Observer
Yep, working great now, and those are some nice looking racks. I'm going to bookmark that website for later.

FYI, I'm not sure if they are maintaining both sites, but I had been going to 1upusa.com to check prices and whatnot. However, when I went to place an order, I was redirected to 1up-usa.com which seems to be the most current information. I don't know which you bookmarked, but just wanted to clarify as I was a little thrown off by it initially.

patoz

Expedition Leader
FYI, I'm not sure if they are maintaining both sites, but I had been going to 1upusa.com to check prices and whatnot. However, when I went to place an order, I was redirected to 1up-usa.com which seems to be the most current information. I don't know which you bookmarked, but just wanted to clarify as I was a little thrown off by it initially.

Apparently, I had the old site bookmarked but have them both now.

Thanks for the heads up!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles