'01 Tacoma Front Bumper

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
kcowyo said:
Looks like they're down for awhile. Good thing I'm a pic saver. Here's a shot of their front bumpers -

Badlandbumperlineup.jpg

No offence to anyone who has one of those bumpers, but they are FUGLY! It looks like someone decided to make a bumper, then decided what it would go on later..just a generic once size fits all bumper. IMO, a bumper should be designed with a specific vehicle in mind, and built around that vehicle. You end up with a bumper that looks appropriate on the vehicle (lines of the bumper follow/match the lines of the truck), and you can greatly increase the approach/departure angles, add protection to exposed components (sheet metal, steering box, lower radiator tank, whatever is applicable for the vehicle in question), and can minimize the weight of the bumper.

Of course I am also a anal retentive redneck hack with a tube bender.....so take my opinion with a pound of salt....:p

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
lionsbreath said:
I was looking for the stock winch mount on demello website but couldn't find it also I am loking for a belly pan.

Not sure about the winch mount. Belly pan for a Tacoma? You should check out www.budbuilt.com He has a sweet belly pan combo that goes with a nifty t-case clocking kit that will put the bottom of the t-case higher than the bottom of the frame rails.

The BN Guy

Expedition Leader
That's a sweet kit for the Taco. Anything to get that rock anchor up will help! Nissan's aren't that bad fortunately.

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
I myself don't really consider the Taco t-case a rock anchor, but it is nice to have the clocking option for very serious rock crawling rigs

kevin

Observer
clocking

It appears to me that if you clock the transfer case, the output flange not only goes up but also runs on an eliptical moving it further the drivers side, if this is combined with a mild lift (more driveline angle) could this create vibration problems? Or reduced strength of the universal joint on a more severe angle?

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
kevin said:
It appears to me that if you clock the transfer case, the output flange not only goes up but also runs on an eliptical moving it further the drivers side, if this is combined with a mild lift (more driveline angle) could this create vibration problems? Or reduced strength of the universal joint on a more severe angle?

Good question and I don't know the answer. It also requires some other modifications too (shifter, floorboard, drain plug - that I know of).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles