2008 4x4 trd toyota access cab/fwc build

lqhikers

Adventurer
2008 taco4x4 access cab/fwc winter insulation

seeing all the cold trips being posted thought i'd show my easy and cheap fix to take the place of factory arctic pack for fwc .as i have eagle model that came with velcro installed on top side edges of roof i did not have to add attachment point. my wife donated a king size comforter which gave plenty of material to make covers for each side all we did was cut to size seam edges,add matching velcro to top edge and we were good to go,just make sure you make sides long enough to tuck behind end panel's.and is easy to store in stuff bag. sure does keep it warmer when it gets real cold!drive slow and enjoy "its the journey"

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Im late to the party. Incredible build. Id love to have a 4x4 pop up like that. Thanks for posting and keep the build/pics coming!

lqhikers

Adventurer
2008 taco /fwc/kayak roof rack

Thought id post a few pictures of yak rack on fwc might help someone thinking about building one.Cradles are made out of 1"x2" thin wall with pipe insulation for padding.cross pieces are 1"x1" thin wall edge mounted to maintain strength for off road use.Cradles are mounted with 2 bolts,rear has slot for roller that is taken out after loading.A we have a tandem with rudder i load with rudder towards front to keep from breaking.Loading is easy just tilt up roll forward until yak drops into cradle strap down with rachet's straps and your good to go. drive slow and enjoy "its the journey"

Four Wheel Tom

Wow... My compliments to the chef, too ! Exceptionally sweet set up, very creative... and beautifully crafted. I'd love to see it in person one of these days...

best regards...

Tom

Lost Canadian

Expedition Leader
I think I may sell the RTT and go this route with my Tacoma now, Hmmm. Thanks for the inspiration and blue print. Well done on the killer build.

slooowr6

Explorer
Lost Canadian said:
I think I may sell the RTT and go this route with my Tacoma now, Hmmm. Thanks for the inspiration and blue print. Well done on the killer build.

You'll love it. It's really nice to have a shelter to get out of the elements. :wavey:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior