Anza Borrego, Coyote Canyon 12/31

1leg

Explorer
I changed plans.

I will be going out Sunday morning to explore and camp in the Jeep.
Some where around Borrego sink area. "San Gregorio Monument" I will do some easy exploring around 17 an 5 palms and pumpkin patch before settling into camp.

My bro will meet up with me Monday AM At Visitor center 9ish. Then we will do the Coyote canyon trail.

Email me if you want to meet up. KI6NRF@gmail.com

Last edited:

J-man

Adventurer
youll love it out there. see if you guyes can hike up sheep canyon to the waterfall area - really cool.

1leg said:
My bro and I are Planning a day trip(no camping) out to Anza Borrego on Monday the 12/31. We are leaning toward Coyote canyon. I'm going to be trying out my new tires. The plans are not set in stone my brother could back out. So If anyone is interested in going E-mail me at KI6NRF@gmail.com.

The plan right now is to meet up at S2-S22 @ 9:00am

HMR

Rendezvous Conspiracy
CRUD! I didn't see this until now. I was exploring in AB all day yesterday and would've hooked up with you guys.

How was it?

S

Scenic WonderRunner

HMR said:
CRUD! I didn't see this until now. I was exploring in AB all day yesterday and would've hooked up with you guys.

How was it?

HMR..........

It's High Time..........for another.........

San Diego/ExPo....Meet/Greet/Eat~N~Wheel..........!:wings:

Dontcha think>?!!!!

TheRoadie

Explorer
Definitely time for another run. I was also in AB and accidentally met a member from Irvine who (I thought) said his screen name was "skeeter" but I'm misremembering that because there isn't one by that name. Who else but an ExPo member would show up at the Pumpkin Patch in a Tacoma with a RTT? For the season, there should almost be a thread for disorganized meet-ups in AB, since I went alone and got stuck in deep sand for a half hour by doing something stupid. Posted about it elsewhere.

HMR

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Scenic WonderRunner said:
HMR..........
Dontcha think>?!!!!
You read my mind!

Roadie- Nice job. LOL!

I also got stuck yesterday, but had gravity on my side:
238465437-M.jpg

1leg

Explorer
See trip report here
TheRoadie: Tread lightly is even more important when you don't have your recovery gear. I drove by that very spot on Sunday. I thought about doing the same thing. Glad I didn't Now. LOL!

HMR: Where was that pic taken?

TheRoadie

Explorer
HMR said:
Blow Sand Hill @ Ocotillo Wells.
I went down Borrego Mountain Dropoff, to the dead end in the slot, then down to San Felipe wash, then up Blow Sand Canyon to Goat Trail to 78 about 3-4PM. Don't think at my weight I'd ever get that far up Blow Sand Hill (to the east of B.S. Canyon)

Where I was stupid and got stuck was in the wash to the southwest of Inspiration Point, on the way to the landfill. From there, made my way to Crossover Trail to Palo Verde to Pumpkin Patch. Never saw so many toy haulers in my life as in the OHV area. Thousands! I had lunch at a ridge looking down on a few hundred of them, circled in a dozen encampments. Thinking all the time how the natives must have felt as they planned their night-time raids around the circled wagons 150 years before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke