• Start date
S

Scenic WonderRunner

I'm getting depressed!

Pretty soon it's gonna get really hot!

....and I just love winter!

Darren

Adventurer
Interesting, I had no idea they would open that at all during the winter. I guess they had connections with the CO Department of Transportation, and I assume that must be who "Dr. Bob" is with. Pretty cool.

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
I like the yellow orange mog in the first pic for some reason...

Nice link!

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
Don't know how I missed this thread!

I grew up just down the road to the East on Hwy 103 there (see map). That area used to be used as my trail running area and there are ton of great back-country camp sites without getting too far out. I have been stuck in the snow so many times up there I don't care to count.

Question: does one simply ask the county to open the road? That gate goes up early and stays there most the winter for vehicular travel, no? What procedures or do they just happen to know the right folks?

Willman

I love living here in Washington!!!!! We still have the snow in the mountains!!!

This pic was a few months ago
DSC00980.jpg

Time to break out the Warn winch!!! Boy i love my winch!!! It bets shoveling!!!
DSC00920.jpg

Are you guys getting depressed yet!!!! :hehe: ...lol

bigreen505

Expedition Leader
OT warning!

Pskhaat, they re-opend that ski area just north-east of Echo Lake and I think they have lights there too. Thought you would get a kick out of that.

DaveinDenver, I'm a couple miles east of you.

Willman, the area where they got stuck has good skiing through August.

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
bigreen505 said:
OT warning!
Pskhaat, they re-opend that ski area just north-east of Echo Lake and I think they have lights there too. Thought you would get a kick out of that.
'Tis true! The old Squaw Pass Ski Area is now called Echo Mountain Park. It's a big freestyle park, you know, for the kids and stuff. ;-)
DaveinDenver, I'm a couple miles east of you.
Gotta grab a beer sometime, then! How far east are we talking? I'll start naming streets and you stop me when I'm close...University, Colorado, Monaco, Parker.

bigreen505

Expedition Leader
DaveInDenver said:
Gotta grab a beer sometime, then! How far east are we talking? I'll start naming streets and you stop me when I'm close...University, Colorado, Monaco, Parker.

Holly and Florida for small streets. Used to be on Asbury and Marion.

S

Scenic WonderRunner

I just found a very Kewl original 1972 factory video from the Pinz factory!

It explains the Pinz in Great Detail!

Check it out!

Uses Windows Media.

Here is a link to the website.....click on the LINK to the VIDEO....it's the top/first link.....

http://www.rmpinzgauers.org/pinzgauerstuff.htm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles