Expedition Leader

2008-02-03-SD870%20IS-IMG_1667.jpg

2008-02-03-SD870%20IS-IMG_1668.jpg

2008-02-03-SD870%20IS-IMG_1669.jpg

2008-02-03-SD870%20IS-IMG_1670.jpg

offroadchef

Adventurer
dhackney said:
the shield emblem refers to the fire department.

She is correct, only I wish I knew was, why are the letters on the plates in red, they should be black. I remember tractors having green plates, but the red ones??????

Love the pics, keep them coming.

Markus

Lynn

Expedition Leader
oonimog said:
At the Globetrotter meet in Germany.

That yellow one with the microcar on the back is certainly interesting! Does anyone know what truck that is based on?

oonimog

Adventurer
Plates with red numbers

She is correct, only I wish I knew was, why are the letters on the plates in red, they should be black. I remember tractors having green plates, but the red ones??????

If I remember correctly, I believe plates with red numbers are dealer tags.

oonimog

Adventurer
Expedition Rigs

The yellow truck is an MAN similar to the first picture below, just dressed up a bit.

efuentes

Explorer
droolish.jpg

Is it the white one ? No. no, the red one !!!, Mmmm lets see, the Land Rover ??? and on and on and on ...

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
WOW!!
Does anyone know about the white one, bottom row, 2nd from the left?
It looks like it could be built on a Unimog 404?
A great size for both the cab and camper.
WOW again!

oonimog

Adventurer
WOW!!
Does anyone know about the white one, bottom row, 2nd from the left?
It looks like it could be built on a Unimog 404?
A great size for both the cab and camper.
WOW again!

The cab is from a VW/MAN LT truck and you're right about the Mog frame, but not a 404, a diesel 406.

Grim Reaper

Expedition Leader
dhackney said:

2008-02-03-SD870%20IS-IMG_1667.jpg

2008-02-03-SD870%20IS-IMG_1668.jpg

2008-02-03-SD870%20IS-IMG_1669.jpg

2008-02-03-SD870%20IS-IMG_1670.jpg

That's quite a collection of parts. Hard top looks like its off a CJ5 or CJ7, tum looks like a M38, doors are totally custom. Taillights are out of a 80's ford pickup. Good knows what the suspension is but it's coil. That's a REAL mutt of a truck. I like it...any more info?

Robthebrit

Explorer
oonimog said:
The cab is from a VW/MAN LT truck and you're right about the Mog frame, but not a 404, a diesel 406.

Are you sure? The wheel base is too long for a 406 but its definately not a 404 either because the hubs are wrong - it does have 404 wheel steps but the hubs are diesel drum brake hubs, it also has 20x11 drum brake rims. Unless the perspective is completey wrong I am going with a 416, a 406 is simply too short for a decent camper and from looking at the gap between the battery box and the back wheel.

The white mog in the top right photo in the first post on this page (post #41) has the same wheel base and its definately a 416.

oonimog

Adventurer
Expedition Rigs

Actually, Rob is right, it probably is a 416, the wheel base is a bit long for a 406. My Mog has a 3700 mm wheel base so most other Mogs look short to me...

Here are some rigs encountered in north Africa. A pair of Italians were crossing the Tunisian desert in the WWII Jeep, alone! They appeared to be having some difficulty and when I asked them if they needed any help, they said only if I had a replacement transmission bearing...

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
oonimog said:
.......needed any help, they said only if I had a replacement transmission bearing...

oonimog, a BIG thanks for all the great photos you have been posting.
Some interesting rigs there, will lots of visible 'ideas'.

So did you have a transmission bearing for a WWII jeep in your stash? :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles