New Rover...

Adventurer
...to me that is.

Yesterday, I purchased a 1965 Series IIa 109 5-door. Its a RHD and still has the original gearbox in it (only 3rd and 4th are synced). This should make for an interesting driving experience...haha I got lucky and found one with a semi-functional 2.25 Diesel.

I've decided to name this truck, Wilks.

I should be able to pick it up on Friday and have it in the garage by Saturday.

This one will be the overlander and daily driver while I completely overhaul the D1. The Disco is also going to be completely restored to stock with the exception of the suspension (OME Shocks and LR HD Springs) and after the MTs wear out, I'll switch over to an AT in the same size (245/75/16)

Should make for a fun project! Pictures will be uploaded this weekend after its home.

Chucaro

Adventurer
I am looking forward for photos and news about the project.
What happens to the Disco? Why need a complete restoration ? Must be a very early model or worked very hard .
Cheers

stevenmd

Expedition Leader
JC!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Way to go bro! Now quit teasing us and post some pics! Oh, and glad your move went well.

Btw... I sold my Disco and joined the Rangie crowd. Look for my build up thread to come along soon.

Adventurer
Chucaro,

While I have put it through its paces quite a few times, It hasnt worked as hard as the majority of the vehicles here. Its more of a sentimental thing. The Disco was the beginning of my addiction and I want to make sure its around for a LOONG time!

Steven!!! Sweet deal brotha! How's the fam! Bet the Rangie is comfy as hek for the wifey and baby in comparison to the D1..haha

Scott...

Pictures will be posted after I pick it up...the pics the owner took are really low light and suck pretty bad.

Here's a picture of what it WILL look like only mine will have White wheels...

DSCN2135a.jpg

I'm going to be enlarging this pic and putting it on the walls around the work area for motivation!

:Mechanic:

pangaea

Adventurer
Looks like it'll be a neat truck... Can't wait to see the pics.

And the 2.25 diesel... slower than heck, but really reliable.

Adventurer
I think the first major modification is going to be the gearbox swap. Change the SII for a SIII...should help out with getting used to shifting with my left hand...toss the double-clutch process in there and you've got yourself a recipe for disaster...haha

stevenmd

Expedition Leader
01001010 said:
Steven!!! Sweet deal brotha! How's the fam! Bet the Rangie is comfy as hek for the wifey and baby in comparison to the D1..haha
Yup, LWB too. I will be posting a thread soon with all the mods I have set aside for it.

Good idea on swapping in a SIII gearbox! I've got my eye on a RHD SIII right now... trying to negotiate...:gunt:

Adventurer
Dangit...things didnt work out so now I have to wait another week until I can pick up the truck.

I was telling Aaron (funrover) that these last few days I've been standing in the empty bay of the garage making diesel engine sounds with my mouth pretending the truck is there....

another nerve racking week!

OOOOOooSaaaaa

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles