Suzuki Modification Information

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Jeff, did you buy your GV with out the fender flares and body cladding? Ours has all that stuff and it looks like I need to remove the bottom panel to add sliders. Did you have to remove anything?

jeffryscott

2006 Rally Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
rally ...

I can't wait for the rally. I've been at home all week with the little ones (one and three) while my wife has had mucho training for work. I love them dearly, but daddy time is important too.

Jeff

here's a great video of zuks, rovers and other vehicles in Argentina:

http://www.suzukiclub4x4.com.ar/Videos/Pehuenia_2005.mpg

It's funny how little respect these machines get. I was at a local 4x4 club cleanup the other day and amongst all these lifted Jeeps was my little guy. The head of the group was asking me what I wheel in, I said my Suzuki, and he kind of shook his head in such a way that I could tell he thought my idea of 4wheeling was a dirt road. Then they said I could ride with somebody to go up Charoleaux Gap for the next cleanup and I mentioned I wouldn't have any problem taking this vehicle up there ... hmmm, was the response, then they said, well, after a couple of times wheeling with us you'll be looking at our Jeeps and thinking, "I have to get a Jeep." I politely said no, the Suzuki is just fine. Brand loyalty is one thing, but brand pompousness is another ...

jeffryscott

locker installed

got a LockRight installed today in my Vitara and will be going to Charoleaux Gap (north of Tucson) on Sunday for a Tucson Rough Riders cleanup day to photograph for the newspaper. Can't wait to try it out.

The guy who installed it, Lloyds Transmission, is a big Toyota fan.

I'll report back how it does on Sunday.

Jeff

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
That little rig just keeps getting better and better :cool: Congrats on the locker. I look forward to hearing about your trip.

jeffryscott

locker'd finally ...

Wow, is all I can say in the difference between having the locker and not. With the automatic, I the difference on-road is imperceptable, but off-road, WOW.

I took it up to Redington Road area today to a trail called 4436 and to Chiva Falls. Didn't get too far on 4436 because some "jerk" for lack of wanting to say worse, parked in the middle of the trail and was nowhere to be found. Lovely. Went to Chiva and drove over the toughest lines I could find in all areas except three feathers (don't want the kids in the car for trying too much) and stuff I couldn't do a week ago without the locker was a piece of cake.

Sad, though, to see how continuously more and more trashed the area is becoming, and the Forest Service has a sign up they will no longer remove trash- they expect people to pack it in, pack it out. The area is going to be a disaster without any cleanup efforts.

Here is a little movie I made of the day, music is by Adrian Legg:

http://homepage.mac.com/jeffryscott/iMovieTheater17.html

jeffryscott

bumpers ...

Bumpers, hmmm, they are hopefully next. I like John Shotts' approach, except no room for a winch. I'm hoping to get together with Goodtimes over the break and brainstorm with him about ideas. I've seen some tube bumpers from Argentina that look good and then there is still the Jeep option.

While my wife has time off from school, I'll have some mornings free and thinking I might make a prototype out of 2x4 or 2x6 and get the angles cut, etc .... then try to figure out what something might cost.

I still have concerns about the airbag, but, one of the Australian sites says the sensor is in the dash, so bullbar-type bumpers can be fabbed without too many concerns. (Much stricter laws down under for modifying vehicles)

Need to get busy with some freelance work to pay for some of this stuff. Know anybody that wants a wedding shot?:eek:

datrupr

Expedition Leader
I was just browsing Rock Road's website looking for racks for the Trooper. After I was done with that I started looking at the stuff for the GV, And man, this is a project I really want to get started on, I think I can turn the GV into a really cool little wheeling rig while still making it look good for the CEO/CFO to use as a daily driver. Man, I need to get the Trooper finished so I can start on this project. Or maybe I should just start doing them at the same time. I am so confused, and so much in dream land with both of these trucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94