FG question

kerry

Expedition Leader
Does anyone know if Mitsubishi exported the crew cab FG to Europe? Also does anyone know what kind of engine access there is on the crew cab version?

haven

Expedition Leader
maybe not

I poked around a couple of European Fuso distributors web sites and could find no mention of the 4x4 FG Canter. The Canter models were FE (available in crew cab) and the smaller FB (single rear wheels).

I think the best idea would be to contact a couple of the Mitsubishi european distributors listed here.

http://www.mitsubishi-fuso.com/en/sales_service/wwd/index.html

This is a world-wide page. The regions like Europe are presented in Flash, which effectively means you can't make direct links to their content. Why do car and truck makers think Flash enhances their web sites?

Chip Haven

kerry

Expedition Leader
FusoFG said:
The cab of the crew cab FG doesn't tilt.

That's what I figured. Does it have the tilt up engine cover like the old Ford Econoline vans of the 60's?

dhackney

Expedition Leader
No, on the crew cab the access is through a trap door in the cab floor.

I know I've seen the drawing but I can't find it in the service manual right now.

DontPanic42

Adventurer
I believe that besides the aforementioned access door up front, there is another beneath the rear seat. The bench seat has to be removed to get to it.
A note on the diagram that I saw stated that the whole cab had to be removed for major work.

dhackney

Expedition Leader
DontPanic42 said:
A note on the diagram that I saw stated that the whole cab had to be removed for major work.

The service manual shows engine and transmission removal from below on the crew cab, with no cab removal required.

Page 91 shows a disassembly sequence for the rocker cover & fuel injection system that requires removal of the front and rear engine covers of the crew cab only, no cab removal required.

Based on the service manual, it looks to me like you could pull the head without taking the cab off, but you'd need to ask a service manager or mechanic to be certain.

The service manual I am using is for the current generation FE/FG series.

dhackney

Expedition Leader
Crew Cab engine & transmission removal:

fuso-crew-cab-engine-removal.jpg

Crew Cab rocker removal sequence:

fuso-crew-cab-rocker-removal.jpg

kerry

Expedition Leader
Thanks. It looks like the standard tilt cab provides a significant benefit in mechanical access.

kerry

Expedition Leader
haven said:
I poked around a couple of European Fuso distributors web sites and could find no mention of the 4x4 FG Canter. The Canter models were FE (available in crew cab) and the smaller FB (single rear wheels).

I think the best idea would be to contact a couple of the Mitsubishi european distributors listed here.

http://www.mitsubishi-fuso.com/en/sales_service/wwd/index.html

This is a world-wide page. The regions like Europe are presented in Flash, which effectively means you can't make direct links to their content. Why do car and truck makers think Flash enhances their web sites?

Chip Haven
Thanks for the link. I looked over the German site pretty closely and also couldn't find any reference to 4wd.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz