Bought a Klim helmet.

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
Looks like a great helmet for the desert, and Baja!!! Let us know how it is when it warms up a bit too....

-H-

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
There is only one thing in the world uglier than a dual sport bike....and that is a Klim helmet! :shakin:

Nice and light though....and they look like they will have a ton of airflow. Let me guess, you bought that orange one hanging in front of the parts desk....

MuddyMudskipper

Camp Ninja
Kermit said:
One and the same. Snowmibile guys have been wearing motorcross helmets. Why would you need a super vented helmet for snowmobiles, I don't know, maybe for snowcross racing?

20060130_SnoCross1_300h.jpg

Vents should be great for the desert.

That's what I figured with the Gore Tex wind stopper and cold weather face mask.

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
Having been sweltering in a helmet in June Baja heat....I'll take a bit of ugly to get some additional cooling....

I haven't seen one in person; however!

-H-

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Kermit said:
Why would you need a super vented helmet for snowmobiles, I don't know, maybe for snowcross racing?

You need vents because it gets freakin' hot in there! I have never pulled off a helmet while snowmobiling and not had crazy, sweaty helmet head. I don't always ride with my vents open, but when you need them they're a savior. Powder riding and digging out from a stuck, will have you drenched with sweat, even in sub freezing temps.

Another reason is that on full face helmets particularly, the shield will fog and freeze up from your breathing. Then you can't see a thing which is brutal. I've switched to an open face helmet with goggles to avoid that, but vents help alleviate the fogging up on full face models.

Nice helmet Kermit. I hope it helps you keep your head on straight. ;)

Clutch

<---Pass
kcowyo said:
You need vents because it gets freakin' hot in there! I have never pulled off a helmet while snowmobiling and not had crazy, sweaty helmet head. I don't always ride with my vents open, but when you need them they're a savior. Powder riding and digging out from a stuck, will have you drenched with sweat, even in sub freezing temps.

I was assuming it would get hot in there, big mountain riding takes a lot of work, like enduro racing or motorcross. I never done big mountain sledding only East Coast trail sledding....only thing I remembered it was darn nippy!

I would like to get into big mountain sledding...hard to do in Two-sawn...

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
Kermit said:
I used to think they were the ugliest helmet out there, they really aren't too bad in person...I won't be looking at it anyway ;)

Yep, the one in front of the parts counter...I see you go in there too much, Brian. The 650X was in there today...eww...Todd did a number on the rear wheel...two big divots out of the rim.

I almost bought a black one, but, I felt the orange would stand out better for daul sport rides. I know, I know, it's KTM orange...:D

I figured it would be an "orange" thing.;)

Yes, I do spend to much time in there....and they just won't get rid of that darn blue 800ST sitting on the floor. It calls my name every time I ride past the shop. Good thing I don't have $14K laying around....

Clutch

<---Pass
goodtimes said:
I figured it would be an "orange" thing.;)

Yes, I do spend to much time in there....and they just won't get rid of that darn blue 800ST sitting on the floor. It calls my name every time I ride past the shop. Good thing I don't have $14K laying around....

Yeah...I tend to bleed orange....John's HP2 on the other hand....(drool)...

He was saying the GS800...is pushed back to September....Le Suck...:(

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Kermit said:
I would like to get into big mountain sledding...hard to do in Two-sawn...

And I would like to do some dual sport riding. Do I smell a time-share opportunity...? :peepwall:

Clutch

<---Pass
The Klim flat out rocks! very lightweight....yes those vents work! It's like air conditioning for your head.

For any of you Tucson guys, Iron Horse BMW is offering 15-20% off all in stock Klim gear...you out of staters, maybe give John a call...might be able to ship you some gear....might.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier