MOJAVE TRIP

chmura

Adventurer
Sweet pics.

I saw you guys fixing a flat on the Mojave Road.

Not sure you remember..

We were in a silver 4runner and a silver Tacoma. We waited a few minutes for you to fix the flat and then caught up with you guys at the intersection when we turned left.

1985pickup

Sweet pics.

I saw you guys fixing a flat on the Mojave Road.

Not sure you remember..
We were in a silver 4runner and a silver Tacoma. We waited a few minutes for you to fix the flat and then caught up with you guys at the intersection when we turned left.

Oh yah i remember, we had so many flats haha how was your trip hopefully you had a good time and didnt have as many issues as we did?!

:yikes:

chmura

Adventurer
Oh yah i remember, we had so many flats haha how was your trip hopefully you had a good time and didnt have as many issues as we did?!

:yikes:

We had no issues. I have new MT's and my buddy has very bald tires in his Tacoma, he got lucky nothing happened. He is actually getting new tires this weekend for our Moab/Canyonlands trip in a week.

Glad you guys had fun even if wrenching was involved!

Zam15

Explorer
Not sure but the guy beats on his stuff so it was probably a combination of a lot of things.

Going to pick up some spare bolts now, don't want that happeneing to me. I have seen that happen to a few Tacomas (online). That is the only weak point I see left on my front end. Need to hit the Mojave trail again :smiley_drive: I wan't to do it in the winter with snow!

1985pickup

Going to pick up some spare bolts now, don't want that happeneing to me. I have seen that happen to a few Tacomas (online). That is the only weak point I see left on my front end. Need to hit the Mojave trail again :smiley_drive: I wan't to do it in the winter with snow!

Ha you definitely should he had some extra ones and it saved him. Yah mohave is sweet and id love to do it in the winter time better bring some warm clothes!

Super Doody

Explorer

There was a factory recall on the lower bj. A lot of dealers were only tightening them to half the factory torque specs. Thats exactly what happen to me. I retighten to factory spec with some red loctite.

haven

Expedition Leader
Seeing the mis-spelled title of this thread was like fingernails on a chalkboard for me. So I fixed it. The name of the area is "Mojave," not "Mohave." It's Spanish, OK?

Kiwi-Yank

Adventurer
I notice your comment said that you "broke a lot of stuff".
I'd like to hear more about what you broke - and how you fixed it.
That kind of feedback is always pretty helpful, I think :)

Kiwi-Yank

1985pickup

I notice your comment said that you "broke a lot of stuff".
I'd like to hear more about what you broke - and how you fixed it.
That kind of feedback is always pretty helpful, I think :)

Kiwi-Yank

We had a total of 6 flat tires, 1 toasted alternator, and the bolts that hold the ball joint to the spindle sheered off.... On both sides..... In one day on the Tacoma. He happened to have the right size bolts in his parts bag to use till we got off the trail then he had to tow it home. Insurance ended up totaling it and giving him 14k for it HA lucky guy!!!

Willman

We had a total of 6 flat tires, 1 toasted alternator, and the bolts that hold the ball joint to the spindle sheered off.... On both sides..... In one day on the Tacoma. He happened to have the right size bolts in his parts bag to use till we got off the trail then he had to tow it home. Insurance ended up totaling it and giving him 14k for it HA lucky guy!!!

Wow! That is one jammed packed trip!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles