Head's up on a used Sportsmobile

Lynn

Expedition Leader
I ran by the Austin Sportsmobile shop today (just because I can. I work about 5 min away), and struck up a conversation with a very nice lady whose in the process of trading in her rig on a new Sprinter.

Anyway, if anybody out there looking for a used S'Mobile, here's all I know:

2005 Ford van, 4x4, diesel, Fiberglas raised roof (not the pop-up), solar panels, generator, front brush bar with receiver hitch (she carried a small Vespa on it), sorry, didn’t ask the miles, but she’s been living in it full-time, so could be high. I think she said the tires are 285s? Looked like BFG ATs.

She opened the rear doors for me, and apologized that it hasn’t been ‘cleaned up’ yet, but it looked really good. She seemed like the kind who would have taken really good care of it. She’s retired (possibly widowed?) and said she likes camping in BLM and Nat. Forest campgrounds. I really doubt the 4-lo has seen much, if any, use. Matter of fact, she was trading it in on a 4x2 Sprinter, and primarily seemed concerned about the clearance (having larger tires fitted, running boards removed, etc.)

Floorplan: I know it had the dinette in the back, and a WC just behind the drivers seat. She talked about how she ordered it with the dinette in the back so she could open the rear doors and sit in the dinette enjoying the view.

Lynn

Expedition Leader
Just thought I'd resurrect this thread, since I drove by there again yesterday, and the van is still there.

They don't have much space at SMB Austin, and I'm sure they are needing to move this. Might be time for someone to make an offer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne