Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Expedition Sidecar

That 1st BMW with a single side swing arm on the leading link front end is something special. I wonder if the sidecar runs the same wheel.

The amount of rake on the blue BMW is interesting too. I bet it is stable on the straights and a pig in the corners.

But these are some great examples. I think my “expedition” traveling by motorcycle is over. I too many injuries make it uncomfortable and dangerous. But my wife and I have been discussing making another sidecar outfit to use internationally. The ability to ship it airfreight in 2 boxes as well as the higher level of interaction with the locals compared to 4 wheel travel is enticing. This would be for shorter trips rather than living in the truck for extended periods.
    1999 Freightliner Ambulance conversion. Cummins/Allison For Sale
    FJ75 Landcruiser 6 wheeler (Converting to an AmboCamper)
    1963 BMW /2 with a Ural Sidecar

Quote Originally Posted by Yuman Desert Rat View Post
    Yes! Thanks. I ould LOVE a side car... just cant justify the $$cost for what I want... someday, maybe...
    Build your own !!
    I have built 2 and both cost me well under $1,000 ( not including the Bike ) !!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    Mark Twain

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234