CB In Salt Lake City

Uticon

Adventurer
Im leaving for a trip Thursday afternoon and i need a new CB.
Any ideas where to look for a decient radioand antenna?
Not interesed in Wal-M, Radio S, or a truck stop.
Thanks for the help.
:av-7:

dennisuello

Adventurer
Truck stop would have a biggest selection on hand and be the most knowledgeable on the subject. Try WalcottCB.com if you want to order online.

Uticon

Adventurer
Thanks but i waited to long for an online order.
Need to find somthing in town today or first thing tomorrow am.

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
What sort of things are you wanting?

You could pick up a Larsen NMO27 antenna pretty cheap at just about any radio shop, ham, commercial radios, etc.

Try:
Peak Mobile
Dwyer's Communications
Utah Communications

These are commercial places (like who would outfit businesses and emergency equipment). They might also be able to help or direct you to someone who knows more about CBs.

As far as the radio itself, that's a pretty limited market. Walcott CB is one place I've heard mentioned a lot. Here in Denver we have a place called Radio Service Center, run by a couple of Korean War radio operator vets. Most people go to them for CB stuff. Also Radio Shack still sells some CB equipment and would have a couple of things that would work. Trucks stops are a good place to find CB parts, other than OHV people they are really the only other people still stuck in 1970s.

PhulesAU

Explorer
Uticon said:
Im leaving for a trip Thursday afternoon and i need a new CB.
Any ideas where to look for a decient radioand antenna?
Not interesed in Wal-M, Radio S, or a truck stop.
Thanks for the help.
Go to the 76 out on the west side of town.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
The best source is Communication Products in West Jordan. Comm. Products specializes in user level radios ie. CB, HAM, scanners, etc. I've purchased a handful of rigs from him, all great products (Cobra, ICOM, Kenwood, etc). Give him a call...

2nd best, is a truck stop... But its got an excellent line of CB products. Sapp Brothers on California Avenue in SLC. They have a CB kiosk...

Uticon

Adventurer
cruiseroutfit said:
The best source is Communication Products in West Jordan. Comm. Products specializes in user level radios ie. CB, HAM, scanners, etc. I've purchased a handful of rigs from him, all great products (Cobra, ICOM, Kenwood, etc). Give him a call...

Kurt,
Thanks for the help ill stop by there on the way home.

Photog

Explorer
Your time is running short. You may need to have them install it too. If not, you may want to get a mag-mount antenna, with an attached cable. Ask them for suggestions on running the cable.

Don't forget to have them adjust the antenna length for the SWR. Otherwise, nobody will hear you on the radio.

Uticon

Adventurer
Great recomendation.
The guy set me up with a bracket that fits under the edge of the hood, antenna, and a Cobra 75.

I have an SWR meter already attached to the unit so i should be able to adjust it per the conditions.

Photog

Explorer
The built in SWR meters are worthless. Don't use it! Get everything installed, and go back to the shop to have the SWR set properly. SWR is set by cutting the antenna to the correct length. Some antennas have an adjustment screw in the tip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles