From Russia with Love: A Ural Gear-Up Project

Scott Brady

Founder
Another shot of Brian on Greasy Spoon. Front suspension travel doesn't matter much if the front tire never hits the ground ;)
1014643_10200176751361308_582506290_o.jpg

Scott Brady

Founder
It mounts to the cross-member between the sidecar and bike. It was designed by the folks at Scooter Source in Prescott, AZ. I am away from the office for a bit, but we can get of shot of it and post it up.

For power supply, you will certainly be limited to the duration of each pull, but as the Ural has a good size battery, alternator and kick-start, it certainly works.

Scott Brady

Founder
We are working on two new projects:
1. A new exhaust
2. Praying for lower gearing

Otherwise, we are just riding it and enjoying the hell out of it!

Scott Brady

Founder
Loading the Ural up for SEMA. It will be on display for Warn. We have mounted a front/rear winch tray and the Warn ATV winch. The new exhaust is also installed and significantly improved the ground clearance on the bike side.
1001246_10152322212758275_1143810675_n.jpg

cobound

Adventurer
Following!

Just started looking into these. I've seen so many during my treks to Moab, but never on the trail. Living in MN now, formerly WI, I could dig winter driving, other than the damn salt :(

Thanx for sharing, definitely interested in some mod updates, along with your winch mount.

B

The Wizard

Observer
I have a question regarding the rack over the spare tire. It appears that it is "hinged" so that it can be swung out of the way to success the spare tire. I am wondering how it is locked into its travel position?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles