Trak Shak in the US

It has 2 full beds upstairs, a cubby for another full bed, and then plenty of room inside for more if needed. It's very large inside.

How heavy is it? And how's the setup time? Looks solid.

Weighs around 1500 lbs unloaded. Setup time is under 10 minutes for the tent + awning. It also has full and screen sides for the front awning.

It's really easier than setting up a ground tent. There sales pitch is 2 men 2 poles, 2 minutes but you'd really have to know what your doing

Trakshak.com.au

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Cool trailer, what are your plans for it.

Use It!

oddly enough I think it's first outing will be the indy 500. Then planning on doing some camping around indiana. Don't have a lot of time to use it this year to it's potential, but should make an excellent state forest/park camper in the meantime. I'm a big guy, so the space inside the tent is awesome.

John E Davies

Adventurer
I had never heard of that brand, and I just spent 45 minutes reading their website. There is some simply brilliant engineering there. I can't believe the pivoting boat/ solar panel rack, plus the standard outboard motor mount:

img_0423%20small.jpg

And racks for NINE jerry cans!

Zowee! That is a fine trailer. I hope you will post more pics of it and of your adventures. The only downside I can see is that it will be a real SOB to clean after a muddy trip. Have you considered mudflaps for your Jeep?

I know we are all wondering..... can you please tell us what you paid?

John Davies
Spokane WA USA

Last edited:
I had never heard of that brand, and I just spent 45 minutes reading their website. There is some simply brilliant engineering there. I can't believe the pivoting boat/ solar panel rack, plus the standard outboard motor mount:

Zowee! That is a fine trailer. I hope you will post more pics of it and of your adventures.

I know we are all wondering..... can you please tell us what you paid?

John Davies
Spokane WA USA

You and me both, It just kinda fell into my lap.

Yes, it's very, very, well engineered. You can tell it's one of those things where they made the 1st one, and continually improved upon it until they got it just right. Just lot's of little things with the seals on the lid, the boat rack (you can put the tent up without detaching the boat, it just flips out of the way) to the ease of use of putting up such a large tent.

My buddy (who's an engineer) went with me to pick it up, and he had a serious virtual bromance going with whomever designed the thing.

I did well one the price I think. Nothing really to compare them to in the US. I think the closest is probably a kimberly camper, and the tent is only about half the size of the trak shak.

And racks for NINE jerry cans!

Zowee! That is a fine trailer. I hope you will post more pics of it and of your adventures. The only downside I can see is that it will be a real SOB to clean after a muddy trip. Have you considered mudflaps for your Jeep?

Good call on the mudflaps, with the mud we get here i'd never get it clean:

It does have a rock catcher that attaches for the front. Not a real need for it around here though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior