Post pictures of your Land Rover.

Green96D1

Explorer
thanks guys!!! i appreciate it,
bobDog, you want one, forget the why. focus on the how.
i do all my own wrench turning, so i added and modified as a i went along. or as the checking account would allow, I honestly havent ever added up what it cost to get it to where its at now... its all been one part at a time, springs here, tires there, sliders, etc, i would say the most expensive part i have bought would be the RTE custom front Bumper ( rovertym engineering) custom all the way. but its rock solid, and was worth the $,$$$.$$. I did spend 18 years working and running a garage, and these D1's are a joy to work on compared to most. I bought it because it was easy to work on, i switched to steel wheels becuase i can pull an axle without removing a tire ( trail fix )
alot of things like that make the Discovery a good trail rig, ease of fix, access to parts, and they can be very reliable in the right hands. 95-99 D1's are special, and i would say IMO 99D1 is the best of them all, just newer with upgrades. same truck though.
i have a alot of mods to this truck, another guy told me i should do a build page, to explain what its allabout, hate to clog the Picture thread with ramblings.

Thanks again,

i can agree with what you are saying

timmy!!!!!!!

Explorer
here's my offering to the hive,
97 D1, Tangiers Orange,
hugenot010108021vi-vi.jpg

camping228006-vi.jpg

lame shot of cargo area, i have steel/ mesh window protectors, and i fabed an alluminum table,

camping228003-vi.jpg

You have inspired me to regear and get 255/85 tires for my disco.

AxeAngel

Expedition Leader
i have a alot of mods to this truck, another guy told me i should do a build page, to explain what its allabout,

Definitely start a build thread. Would love to see what else you have in there and get some creative inspiration from you.

-Sam

AxeAngel

Expedition Leader
i have a alot of mods to this truck, another guy told me i should do a build page, to explain what its allabout,

Definitely start a build thread. Would love to see what else you have in there and get some creative inspiration from you.

-Sam

RETROFIT

Observer
gee, retro, you must despise climbing into your rig and rumbling down the roadway proud as a peacock. what a POS!

regards,

Beau Knerr

WOW ! For a moment there I thought I was on Dweb again ! :clapsmile

Makes you wonder why people don't post more pics I guess...

Pat

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
Pat, I can only guess it was supposed to be in jest?

I checked out your build thread. You did a really great job. Nice truck, I really like it.

Last edited:

SCRover

Adventurer
WOW ! For a moment there I thought I was on Dweb again ! :clapsmile

Makes you wonder why people don't post more pics I guess...

Pat

sorry, Pat, kinda came outta nowhere with that. forgive me, my odd sense of humor sometimes gets me in trouble. at least you got it!

your truck is magnificent!

RETROFIT

Observer
Thanks for the kind words both of you, and yes I am very proud to drive it around town and don't do as much off road as I should, a lot has to do with my sons medical condition but we are streching our range slowly. Hopefully trying to make it to the MAR this year ...

Pat

Davidz

ahh those are close, little different, i also have them on the rear side windows as well.
http://www.stowelandrovers.co.uk/windowguards.html

these are closer, set of three, still the mesh patern is larger than the ones i have installed.

I purchased from http://www.safarirover.com/ a few years ago, at one time he handled Discovery stuff, Stephen is a good guy, he might be able to locate more sets i dunno...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles