steal Ford super duty with screwdriver

deserteagle56

Adventurer
The Super Duty is not the only one. My S-10 Blazer was stolen the same way. Depending on the design of the ignition (steering column portion), it can be really easy to do.

greenhorn

Adventurer
That's interesting that they like the fords over the chevy anf dodge. Probably because of ford's good network of dealer parts in mexico.

mightymike

Adventurer
FWIW, our Excursion was broken into the same way, there are vids on net on how to get in. I"ve seen them do it on surveillance video-if you didn't know better you'd say they were using a key to gain entry.

RoundOut

Explorer
One with a mind to steal contents can easily enter any vehicle with a screwdriver in the keyhole. It has happened to a friend of mine with an H2. She lost a laptop and projector. Now I carry my laptop in wherever I am ALWAYS.

There is a mod done here in town by a guy at Greenfields Collision Repair that replaces the key tumbler with a flashing LED of any color. Removing the hardware inside the door that controls the manual unlock and lock feature relegates one to using their key fob to lock/unlock, but eliminates this threat.

I assume one can still start most cars with a screwdriver to the ignition, unless they have the chip-type keys.

trketed

steal fords with screwdriver

I locked my key in my '96 F350. I asked a guy with a ford in the parking lot if I could borrow his key. It opened my truck! He was completely blown away. Who needs a screwdriver.?? there are only a dozen or so key combos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94