"Survivor Truck"

haven

Expedition Leader
http://www.truckcampermagazine.com/off-road-expeditions/the-survivor-truck-bug-out-vehicle

A security consultant mounts a Four Wheel Campers pop up to a 1980 Chevrolet C70 medium truck to create a bug-out vehicle for his family. Sandwiched between the truck cab and camper is a bulletproof command center surrounded by a Faraday Cage.

The C70 is powered by a gasoline V8 that can also run on propane. The consultant thinks propane may be more readily available than gasoline or diesel fuel in a true crisis.

More information about this project can be found at http://www.survivortruck.com

The Survivor Truck is supposed to appear at Overland Expo 2013. Does anyone have a photo to share?

Kowboy

Adventurer
To each his own ... but I sure wouldn't want it.

Wouldn't mind havin' his long list of sponsers though so I could spend their money on somethin' I WOULD want. :D

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
Seems a little patched together and hoaky from the pictures, but that's me. Armored with steel and fiberglass (and soft sides). I'd rather have a unimog or something. But I guess that is one way to get a bunch of free gear from "sponsors".

Overland Hadley

on a journey
The C70 is powered by a gasoline V8 that can also run on propane. The consultant thinks propane may be more readily available than gasoline or diesel fuel in a true crisis.

The propane availability theory is interesting.

Personally I would quickly use up all the surrounding propane making "flares". :coffee:

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
I guess most everyone has a 20 lb bottle or three lying around for BBQs etc. They probably aren't taking them when they flee whatever is causing the bugout...

That is an interesting point. With that train of thought I'd suspect one could get about as much free propane as they can haul in about any sizeable city, looting BBQ's one by one.

java

Expedition Leader
This was on doomsday preppers. Seemed fairly cheesey to me. Kinda screams come get me i have lots of stuff to me.

Photomike

White Turtle Adventures & Photography
Okay I am confused, you put a bullet proof cage on a rig that has a pop up camper with canvas sides????

I love pop ups but this seems very strange!

Clutch

<---Pass
gonna need a bigger winch...preferably a PTO hydro.

Survivor-Truck-winch-lights.jpg

I would of went with a bobbed 5 ton over the Cheby though...

k-bigpic.jpg

1970_Kaiser_Miliatary_6x6_Bobbed_4x4_5_Ton_Truck_For_Sale_resize.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz