Tires used on Top Gear

brickpaul65

Adventurer
This is a round about Land Rover question....Has anyone watched the Top Gear Episode (Season 17 Episode 7) Trade Mission to India?

I was curious what the tires were that they fitted to the Jaguar and Rolls for the last leg of the journey. Sorry for the silly question.

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
Simex Extreme Trekkers, if i remember correctly.

tires_simex_extreme_trekker.jpg

brickpaul65

Adventurer
That definitely looks the part. I caught a view of what appeared to be RB1 on the tire as they panned past them in the winch scene. I could not find anything with RB1 etc. I was just curious. They looked ridiculously aggressive. :)

Storz

Explorer
This is a round about Land Rover question....Has anyone watched the Top Gear Episode (Season 17 Episode 7) Trade Mission to India?

I was curious what the tires were that they fitted to the Jaguar and Rolls for the last leg of the journey. Sorry for the silly question.

Funny this thread popped up on here today, I just watched that on NETFLIX last night. Then ending road/segment was breathtaking.

JamesW

Adventurer
The ones on that episode were kingpins,they are a retread simex copy,far cheaper. Along with insa turbo special track,malatesta kaimans,fedima sirocco among others.

I have a set of similar ones on mine as muds,Crazy grip in mud. But on the road they sound like a plane with a prop!

Attachments

• TyresWatermark.png&WaterMarkType=Full&ImageUrl=%u00252f4x4%2fProductImages%2fkingpintrekkerextre.jpg
    TyresWatermark.png&WaterMarkType=Full&ImageUrl=%u00252f4x4%2fProductImages%2fkingpintrekkerextre.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 156

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles