Adventure Brigade's Teardrop Trailer Build

SWbySWesty

Fauxverland Extraodinaire
I got the galley done today! First was to finish painting the trim.

photo (1).jpg

Then it was time to finish the faux marble and brick. I'm happy with how it came out. I'll hide the wires better now.

photo (2).jpg

SWbySWesty

Went camping this weekend. I tore out all the electrical, but haven't gotten any good work done on the trailer lately.
img3.jpgimg1.jpgimg2.jpg

SWbySWesty

I also found out that lowering the tire psi to 12 is VERY effective at sucking up lots of bumps. Normally for the campsite we went to, I don't air down, but the trailer was bouncy. I dropped to 18 for the way in, and dropped to 12 on the way out.

SWbySWesty

So I think I've got the water situation figured out. Almost. From what I read, the best water tank will be situated under the trailer above the axle. I'll have to get the dimensions to find the right tank - but I don't think it'll be something I find on Craigslist or on the inexpensive side. I'm not sure where I'd place the fill hole (with vent cap). From there, it looks like the Flojet auto pump is pretty inexpensive ($50 on Amazon). I had thought about skipping the tank and getting a simple submersible pump, but I can't find any that will work my hot water heater. Any suggestions so I could drop a pump in my water can? From the pump, I'd run a T - one to the water heater and one to a faucet somewhere on the back of the trailer.
The other option is a-la Adventure Trailers and mount a water tank on the tongue and plumb it under the trailer. I know my plan is to eventually haul the moto on the tongue though, so I'm leery of over 500lbs of tongue weight (against the rules). But maybe I sacrifice the moto carrying for simple backcountry? It would be nice to have the hot water heater for a shower and 6'' bed pad after a day of desert riding!

SWbySWesty

HELP: I've got three backsplash panels that keep ungluing. Not a big deal, but not really what I want to see when I open the galley. What's the best adhesive to reglue these? None of the other panels have issues; they're solidly stuck.

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
3M contact spray adhesive..tWo things to remember..

1) Cover up anything you don't want glue on

2) Be sure the panel fits properly before applying the adhesive, put reference marks with a dry fit if need be

SWbySWesty

Also - the bottom of the cabin is exposed wood. The trailer itself is already painted, but I want to seal up the wood from the elements even though here in CA it stays pretty dry. Rhinoliner? Bedliner? Simple prime and paint? I don't need overkill, but some level of anti-wood rotting would be nice. Suggestions? I'm also planning to get silicone or other sealant to redo all the corners in the main cabin for water and heat purposes.

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
If you can fit plastic film over it, try to. If not there is a water proof spray on. Home Depot carries it. I did my last trailer with it. I would suggest doing every month or so, keep building the rubber base up. I have a small piece of plywood setting in water with it sprayed on all sides. Letting it set for a month, will cut it up in another week and see if there has been penetration.

Like Titan said, 3m is by far the best.

Jr_Explorer

Explorer
3M spray is a contact adhesive. So you have to spray BOTH surfaces, wait about 10-30 seconds and then stick it. If you only spray one surface your results will be marginal at best.

silvrzuki77

explorer
Water tank over the axle would be best if possible. I installed mine just in front of the axle. Check ebay my 21 gallon tank was like $65. If you always plan on taking your bike could put the tank behind the axle to even the load out but then your poked if you dont take the bike. Check the amperage of that water pump also.

Jeff Wanamog

Off Road Camper Guy
Getting some help from an ExPo member on extending the tongue:

View attachment 173207

Actually, those are just 2X4's painted black so he thinks I am working on his trailer.
I am really down in Mexico spending all his money! LOL!
Really....picture was taken pre-fitment and the tubes are just sitting there.
Remember, measure eight times and cut once, then go get another tube and do it right this time stupid.
"A" frame is 2"X3" 1/4" wall. Problem has been connecting to the "Harbor Freight" frame.
Center draw tube extends all the way to the double joists right in front of the axle.
The entire exercise is so the Garrett can transport his dual sport in front of the trailer.
Should be fun!
Jeff

Jeff Wanamog

Off Road Camper Guy
Getting closer

photo-48.jpg

It is getting a little closer. There will be a rack to carry misc items and a removable motorcycle rack.
That is not the final length of the receiver tube.
Hope to have it done this weekend.
Jeff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles