1 week- 4 states- final destination Death Valley

32vsnake

Adventurer
What a nice adventure, awesome pics and a great way to spend some father/daughter time- great job :)

Love the Ranger too and it's not even close to being an ExPo moving violation (if there's even such a thing). Looks like you've got it nicely setup for multi day trips; some sliders, bigger tires on it (32s?), awning and plenty of room for supplies what else does one need? I'm not sure why we don't see more Rangers as they're a great platform and have been around forever. The only 'drawback' for some might be the lack of true 4 doors like the Tacomas/Frontiers but then the Rangers are also not as big which could be an advantage. I wish they still offered an SUV version of the truck like the early Explorers.

Thanks... it was a great time with the daughter. She is a trooper and endured our 5000km journey pretty well.

I was reading the 10 things not to do to your truck.. or lipstick on a pig thread when I typed the "moving violation" comment... I have a roof rack, 1 of the spare tires, a hi-lift and extra gas all mounted up top and KC slimlites...combined with a vehicle that's not a Toyota or a land rover :peepwall:
The truck did really well and in some of the tight/narrow washed out sections on lippincott the small size made life a lot easier...

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Thanks for the trip report, its always a bonus when family Overlands with you. I agree its a great truck built how you need and use it. I think many times people build their rigs on what others think it should be. Waisting time,money and weight on things not needed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94