Post Pic's of your Jeep

SES50

Observer
Pleasant and South Park Canyons

Ran Pleasant and South Park Canyons in Panamint Valley this last weekend. Temp in Ballarat only got up to 122F. We got the 124F Temp on Monday in Death Valley. Temps up on the ridge over looking Strip Butte was about 68F degrees at 8:00 pm but that was up above 7000 ft.

This was dropping into South Park Canyon.
20170618_103537.jpg

Had Lunch at Briggs Cabin and checked out Stone Cabin.
20170618_122308.jpg
20170618_124345.jpg

Had the left rear tire loose half the tread at 75 mph and 115F just before the boarder of CA on the way home from Vegas. Luckily there was no cars around me when it detached because it pulled me over a full lane before I corrected it. Still holds pressure just a little bumpy to ride on. Also I do not think it balanced anymore.
20170620_172946.jpg

Warebear

You had to drive a long way to get that shot. Did you do Chicken Corners or Lockhart Basin?

Haha ya it took a minute. And I did Lockhart Basin. It was part of a huge cross country adventure I did a couple months ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charles R

Adventurer
In Santiam State Forest, OR.

19260329_1346582978766233_7734129796466552042_n.jpg

forsakenfuture

Explorer
Ran Pleasant and South Park Canyons in Panamint Valley this last weekend. Temp in Ballarat only got up to 122F. We got the 124F Temp on Monday in Death Valley. Temps up on the ridge over looking Strip Butte was about 68F degrees at 8:00 pm but that was up above 7000 ft.

View attachment 406463

View attachment 406464
View attachment 406468

Had the left rear tire loose half the tread at 75 mph and 115F just before the boarder of CA on the way home from Vegas. Luckily there was no cars around me when it detached because it pulled me over a full lane before I corrected it. Still holds pressure just a little bumpy to ride on. Also I do not think it balanced anymore.
View attachment 406469

Wow!

caudillo

Picked up this 05 LJR last week. List of coming upgrades include Metal cloak 3.5" long travel lift and 35"s, diff re gear 4.53"s, Metal cloak high line fenders and rear corner kits, rubi crawler, big brake upgrade, tummy tuck, cut up and redo the rear bumper tire carrier, Gobi stealth rack to carry my Flycraft stealth, a few strategically placed Rigid D2 lights, Tailgate table mod, rear storage unit( my own design) swap out the steel cable winch line for syn rope, and a few interior sound and nav upgrades. Already upgraded the cooling system with larger aluminum radiator, separated the transmission cooling with a Derale atomic remote cooler and fan and swapped out the exhaust system with 2.5" high flow cats and Banks monster cat back system, also deleted the third cat.This should keep me busy for a few weeks.

Attachments

• IMG_1949.jpg
    IMG_1949.jpg
    567.2 KB · Views: 46

caudillo

Ran Pleasant and South Park Canyons in Panamint Valley this last weekend. Temp in Ballarat only got up to 122F. We got the 124F Temp on Monday in Death Valley. Temps up on the ridge over looking Strip Butte was about 68F degrees at 8:00 pm but that was up above 7000 ft

View attachment 406463

View attachment 406464
View attachment 406468

View attachment 406469

Thats some insane temps, what tires are those?

SES50

Observer
Thats some insane temps, what tires are those?

The tire was a 37x12.5R17 BFG Mud terrain. I knew I was getting close to needing tires but still had not touched the wear bars. I probably have .04" still left. I had been chasing a vibration that I thought was a tire balance issue. And I had recently had that tire re-balanced because that corner is where I thought the vibration was coming from. There must have been some damage on that tire from rocks that caused the problem. Once I swapped out with my spare the vibration I had been chasing was pretty much gone. So, there was the culprit.

Dr. Marneaus

Station Wagoneer
So you're selling the other one just to start over? Also, are you paying the extortion fee from Photobucket?

My other one isnt going anywhere.

I dont currently pay photobucket any money. gonna suck if they pull my stuff, i've been using them for 11 years and have 6500 images hosted with them, all my build threads will be gone and trashed if the pics disappear.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles