New 1999 GMC Yukon

BBslider001

Diesel Head
What price did you get out of it? I am about to list my 1997 Yukon for sale but I know it is worth more than those beat to crap Craiglist trucks listed for $3999!!

I got $2400 out of it, so I actually made a little money! Went to a really nice family and the guy was stoked! He just showed up and said "I'll take it". It was nice to deal with someone with some integrity for a change.

Thanks, you made doves cry.

cent frum a smaert fone

I know right?!

Sorry to hear about your burb, and your Yukon, but it sounds like your pretty squared away, and have your priorities in order. :bowdown:

And as has already been stated, you can always find another one.
It's not like they didn't build one or two :)

In the meantime, how about some specs and more pics of that Ford Dually please?:Wow1:
That is one beautiful looking rig!! :26_7_2:

7.3?
Year?
Plans?

Subscribed!:coffee:

BTW, all the best to you and your family.
Don't let BS setbacks get you down. Stress is a killer! :(

Get the school out of the way, enjoy the family along the way, and have some fun.:wings:
The rest of life is just "stuff."

Man, thanks so much for the kind words! You don't know this, but those actually came at a perfect time! Stress in this life is just not worth it and I keep re-learning this valuable lesson. I have an amazing little family and a very blessed life. :wings:

So, the specs:

1997 7.3 PSD, 3" Down pipe and 4" Exhaust, Riff Raff Intake. Other than that, it's all stock. My goal is longevity and not so much amazing HP. It already runs really well and pulls well also. I changed all of the fluids, put in the correct SCA charged coolant to prevent cavitation (diesel issue). In short, I can't believe I got such a good truck. I have always been partial to the Cummins, but this particular year is a good one and it should be easy to get 400k+ out of it. I am not quite sure of plans yet other than the usual. Since it came with the correct DP and exhaust, that was a major expense I did not have to come up with. I am going to rebuild the fuel bowl with new seals since it leaks a little, but that is normal on these trucks. $12 for the O-ring kit is nothing. I imagine I will also rebuild the transmission eventually and make it tough for towing.

I'll pop in here from time to time as we use it to take trips in our "house" and see the West.

Off Duty

Adventurer
Excellent, and yes, please keep us up to date.
I'd love to see more pics of the rig as you mod it up.

It truly is a great looking truck, and I'm sure it'll be tough enough to take you a long way in years to come.

All the best to you and your family.

BBslider001

Diesel Head
Excellent, and yes, please keep us up to date.
I'd love to see more pics of the rig as you mod it up.

It truly is a great looking truck, and I'm sure it'll be tough enough to take you a long way in years to come.

All the best to you and your family.

Thanks and will do!! To you as well...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior