Maxtrax vs TRED vs Tracmats vs X-Trax vs X-Jack

Scott Brady

Founder
In our testing with sand ladders/mats, the key attribute is structure. Carpet, PillowTrax and the XTrax all work marginally when compared to the PSP, MaxTrax and TracMats.

Even when I completed our big tests with the products, I was indifferent to having them on the trucks. A few months ago, we got so stuck on the Canning Stock Route that it took three winches and 10 MaxTrax to get the trucks out. I will never travel in the outback without them now.

This was a video teaser we did for the Overland Journal test. The Mantec PSP won Editor's Choice and the MaxTrax won the Value Award. The test was featured in our Winter 2009 comparison.
It is a teaser, so the performance demonstrations are short, but you can clearly see how each perform.

Leave the carpet at home. . . although I do have a funny story about the first time I got stuck in the mud and attempted to use the draperies from my work to get out. I remained stuck and had to buy new drapes! The hard lessons you learn at 19

Last edited:

cactusjk

Explorer
Looks like TRED is new to the scene. Similar to Maxtrax, AUS, but a lot less expensive. Interested in feedback specific to TREDs.

WMDunkin

Adventurer
In our testing with sand ladders/mats, the key attribute is structure. Carpet, PillowTrax and the XTrax all work marginally when compared to the PSP, MaxTrax and TracMats.

Even when I completed our big tests with the products, I was indifferent to having them on the trucks. A few months ago, we got so stuck on the Canning Stock Route that it took three winches and 10 MaxTrax to get the trucks out. I will never travel in the outback without them now.

This was a video teaser we did for the Overland Journal test. The Mantec PSP won Editor's Choice and the MaxTrax won the Value Award. The test was featured in our Winter 2009 comparison.
It is a teaser, so the performance demonstrations are short, but you can clearly see how each perform.

Leave the carpet at home. . . although I do have a funny story about the first time I got stuck in the mud and attempted to use the draperies from my work to get out. I remained stuck and had to buy new drapes! The hard lessons you learn at 19

Thanks for the video, I am still searching round thankful for all the info.

X-plorenow

Adventurer
Looks like TRED is new to the scene. Similar to Maxtrax, AUS, but a lot less expensive. Interested in feedback specific to TREDs.

I have a set of four and love them. They have come in very handy in the snow. One thing I like about them is that they seem to be more rigid than some of the others and I have used them as bridging ladders a few times. I have the larger size Treds and drive a Jeep JK 4 door.

cactusjk

Explorer
Great info. Definitely a reasonable price.

I have a set of four and love them. They have come in very handy in the snow. One thing I like about them is that they seem to be more rigid than some of the others and I have used them as bridging ladders a few times. I have the larger size Treds and drive a Jeep JK 4 door.

seanz0rz

Adventurer
they look like a knock off of the pillowtrack. Look above (maybe on a previous page) for the OJ review on them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94