Maxtrax vs TRED vs Tracmats vs X-Trax vs X-Jack

Kevin108

Explorer
I finally got to try out my GoTreads in some mud. I picked them up at Overland Expo East in 2016. They were $100 a pair at the show.

Recently one of my guys called me and had his 3/4-ton work van get bogged down in a wet grassy field. We weren't in pure soup, but walking over the ground, you would leave footprints that filled in with water. I dropped the rear tires to 20 lbs or so and dug out a taper in front of the tires so the wheel didn't have a steep climb to get on the GoTreads.

It took 3 consecutive instances, covering 50' or so and repeating the process to get to solid ground. There was a little tire spin each time but there was only one spot where any significant material was worn away. The good thing about the GoTreads is that they are modular. Damage a section, and you can replace it inexpensively.

They cleaned up easily afterward with just soapy water. It gave me quite a bit of confidence that they will perform as I need them too, with the added benefit of being 1"-4" leveling blocks if I need to help a spot become more level when setting up the RTT.

I've now tested them in snow and mud and found them to work as advertised. I rescued a half dozen or so vehicles through various snows last winter. I still need to test them in sand. Hopefully I'll get to that this summer. http://gotreads.com/

They also work well for congregating cats in your living room.
2016-10-19 08.30.40.JPG

Last edited:

Theoretician

Adventurer
Has anyone tried the Crux off-road aluminum bridging ladders? They aren't a whole lot more expensive than the maxtrax but seem to offer more utility and durability.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier