"The Hulk Gets Angry" aka stevenmd's RRC build

stevenmd

Expedition Leader
Added the springs and shocks.

Added the RTE 3" springs and OME shocks. (Was running a tired 2" OME lift.) Measurements are with 245/75R16 BFG AT's.

Prior to lift:
DF - 33-1/2"
PF - 33-7/8"
DR - 34-1/4"
PR - 34-7/8"

Results:
DF-35-1/2"
PF-35-7/8"
DR-35-1/2"
PR-35-7/8"

Pics are after the add-ons.

gordo

My brother in law has 33 x 13.50 TSLs on his rover. Im not sure how wide his rims are though, but it works out pretty good. The rims are GCRs I believe. I think they are 16s though not 15s but I could be wrong. That is a wide tire so the flares are a must! Have fun. Gordo.

sven

Adventurer
Just to give you an idea, here's a pic of my old 95 LWB with RTE 3" lift and 255/85/16 Trxus MT tires. If you go wider than the 255s, you'll need wheel spacers or wheels than stick out further. Damn, I miss this rig sometimes.

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
revor said:
Looks Great Steven!!!

What a clean build, and stealthy!
X2... that is one clean sano looking job you're doing there. very nice. I never see old RRC's of that vintage in that good of shape.

Cheers

Dave

stevenmd

Expedition Leader
Thanks Keith. Next step is adding your HD steering stuff. March will see the addition of the LT230, double cardan front drive shaft, and possibly a double double cardan in the rear, not sure yet.

Also going to call Steve and get his body lift at some point. I really like the 3" lift right now and see no reason to go higher. With the addition of the body lift I can run pizza cutters in the future.

stevenmd

Expedition Leader
4Rescue said:
X2... that is one clean sano looking job you're doing there. very nice. I never see old RRC's of that vintage in that good of shape.

Cheers

Dave
Thanks Dave. My first truck was a DI and I cut it all up to fit the mods and in the end, I no longer liked the look of the truck. I am trying to keep all the mods on this one to a minimum. My Daystar 4" progressive bumpstops just arrived. I will lose some downflex with them but I can avoid trimming the fenders right now.

Green96D1

Explorer
stevenmd said:
GT Radial mudders, 285/75-16. Smoother and quieter ride than I was expecting.

hulk really looks good.

Rovertracks steering = "BOMBPROOF"

your really going at it Steven:D

stevenmd

Expedition Leader
gordo said:
Nice truck. I like the LWBs. I miss my Classic trail rig.

Thanks. I am saving up for a 109 to rebuild from the ground up for use as a daily driver/long trip type vehicle. Once I am done with that project the rangie will be used mainly as a trail rig.

SMD

Adventurer
Very cool. It's really hard to beat the look of a Classic, especially in green [ unless it's Chawton White ;) ]

Looking forward to reading about the 109 build too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94