8x8 HEMTT Expedition Vehicle w/Garage

60Dan

Explorer
Amazing looking rig. Got any videos of it driving and running? I saw the one on youtube of the tire change, but thats it

BestofBoth

No, sorry no other videos. We have some Baja footage, but my friend hasn't gotten it on utube yet. We just did a show called mega rvs for the travel channel and I think it is scheduled for January. There is some decent footage that should be on the show. Ill try and give a heads up with the air date.

crazy

Adventurer
You would need to get permits from CALTRANS to drive in California. 8'6" is the maximum width to be legal. After that, it's permit time. That's OK, when society collapses, you won't need no stinking permits.

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
The web says a HEMTT is 96 inches wide - which is the maximum width allowed for a truck with the hassles of an "oversized" banner and permits. The H1 is listed as being 86.5 inches wide. Both of these are without the mirrors included - which is the normal way cars and trucks are measured.

Sure makes my Pinzgauer look tiny - its only 69 inches wide! Nearly 1.5 feet narrower than the Hummer and almost 2.5 feet skinnier than the HEMTT!

Johnrunberg

Adventurer
Without words. Wife doesn't want to talk to me anymore, actually... Anyway, don't think it'll fit in the driveway – in fact I think it's longer than my house. Good on ya!

BestofBoth

HEMTT Toyhauler half price sale!

8x8 HEMTT with toy hauler conversion reduced for quick sale. Recent hardships require a loss on my part which can be your gain. Expedition vehicle ready to go. Garage kept with only 30,000 miles. Half price sale= $94,500. Currently located in Colorado. Please look at beginning of thread for photos and info! Runs excellent and fully equipped. All maintenance up to date and I will walk through any buyer with all information needed to operate systems. It really drives like a big pickup with a automatic Allison trans. Fully highway legal and made by Oshkosh for a 18 year old fresh in the service to drive and maintain. Please contact me at garret.bestofboth@gmail.com. Photos from last week's trip attached. Please spread the word! Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• IMG_1107.jpg
    IMG_1107.jpg
    546.9 KB · Views: 482
  • FullSizeRender (3).jpg
    FullSizeRender (3).jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 419
  • IMG_0957.JPG
    IMG_0957.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 401

Forum statistics

Threads