The Ute II: E350 RB 7.3 ZF6

RVflyfish

Fishing is life. The rest is details.
Wow. Just wow. Read the whole thread today. I'm freakin' dehydrated from all the drooling!

Truth be told, you had me at the ZF6 swap. And it was just win after win from there. Special shout out for the fuel bowl delete/CAI upgrade btw.

0331161054a_zps147uaxej.jpg

Is that a tankless water heater next to your propane cylinder?

naterry

13 Cheeseburgers
Thanks Gents! It's always nice to wake up to more fuel for the van fire!

Is that a tankless water heater next to your propane cylinder?

Yes and it's a glorious thing! Here's the link: https://www.amazon.com/Eccotemp-Systems-L7-Portable-Tankless/dp/B0097CO2Z6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1488641261&sr=8-1&keywords=eccotemp+l7

The Ute has been out of the corral doing a lot of pulling and hauling. I'm in the midst of a shop move and kicking off a new company centered around van travel and having fun. It's transition time, I'm done with corporate. :sombrero:

You guys will be the first know when we launch, the website should be up in a few weeks, and if you'd like to follow along you can check out our Instagram @trekkervans or https://www.instagram.com/trekkervans/?hl=en

Here she is marking her new turf last week:

20170227_075318_zpsocefonfc.jpg

and moving things:

20170302_121835_zpsj8xobnof.jpg

You'll never guess what these came out of ;)

20170226_123304_zpspox4vpct.jpg

Vandit

Observer
Congrats on the new shop! Definitely looking forward to seeing where this goes. Your van and pop-top are loaded with great design ideas that I'm sure others will love to have access to. Been following your instagram for a while now, good stuff. Keep us posted....

tonga

Observer
Can you share some photos of how your pop top stays in the up position? Is there some kind of lock or pin? Fairly easy to pop up and down?

I like the simplicity of your design!

Thanks and love the thread!

Andy

onemanarmy

Explorer
what did you use that shop space for originally?

thanks for sharing all the details....a manual 7.3 van is on my wish list.

Pattywagen

This build is great! I didn't read the entire thing, so I may have missed some info somewhere. Did you regear the diffs? I'm currently trying to complete my conversion and I'm down to shortening the tank, and sourcing a transmission/Tcase. I've already cut down my brake pedal and reworked the sheet metal on the driver's side floor to add a bit more room, so I'm committed to going zf5/6. Very glad to see that it's been done successfully!

Pattywagen

Excellent! That's what I was hoping to hear. My front axle has 3.73's but the rear came with 3.55's, and I was trying to decide between 4.10's F&R or just going to 3.73's out back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles