Who owns the dodge thread I can't find...

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
Sorry guys...I've been searching and can't find something. I had drooled over a 24v cummins build on here and I swear I think the thread disappeared. Or maybe my cheese has finally slipped fully off my cracker? :elkgrin:
I had thought it was Metcalf that had built it but looking at project do it all dodge showed it wasn't. The truck I am referring to was a quad cab painted beige or tan and had a custom (by owner/builder) flat bed. Had spare fuel over or near the wheel wells and one or two spares up by the cab. Can anyone help me locate the thread again or point me at who built the thing? My last computer crashed and took all the pics of it I had saved with it. :(
Help. :)

njtacoma

Explorer
I don't remember his name, but it is gone. I think he deleted it along with all his posts.

I think the build was called "there be dragons" or something like that.

I did a search on google and found his website about a year ago, but no build thread anywhere that I know of.

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
Dang. What happened? Did he have some kind of tinfoil hat moment or something? Anyone have pics saved of it? :(

NorthernWoodsman

Adventurer/tinkerer
Can't remember where I found it, but I found his thread redone somewhere else. Might be a Dodge or Cummins forum. The truck, somewhat recently, had been torn down to a degree and looked pretty sad. I think he was in the middle of another redo, so just a temporary situation. Sorry, but I don't have a link as I found it by accident months ago.

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
Thanks guys. I think you nailed it traveldreamer, that looks like it. I wonder what happened to him? The link you gave only has 2 pics and doesn't seem to have had much work put into it. :( Hope the guy is ok.

And Redthies, Yeah, I read through Hacksters thread. I love what he's accomplished but that was a different truck. :)

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Thanks guys. I think you nailed it traveldreamer, that looks like it. I wonder what happened to him? The link you gave only has 2 pics and doesn't seem to have had much work put into it. :( Hope the guy is ok.

And Redthies, Yeah, I read through Hacksters thread. I love what he's accomplished but that was a different truck. :)

Ummm, I think you have traveldreamer and I confused...

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
That's it Hawkz! Thanks for finding it. I'm gonna spend a while downloading pics and hope I can keep them this time. :)
Not sure about the right/wrong of posting other forums but I won't tell if you don't. haha!

As for 1speed...
I read this in the thread on pirate:
"I feel you. I am very rarely at expo anymore myself. I'm pretty tired of the terms over landing expo and expedition. Just because you camp out of your vehicle in the dirt 2 hours from your house, does not mean you are on an expedition"

Guess he moved along...

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
He is correct about the terms. I think the big difference here is that people are more camping oriented. Is the "ExPo" word over used here, sure. There are probably no more than two dozen actual "expeditions" tracked on this forum. The reality is, however, that people here are more interested in mild four-wheeling, with getting to a destination as the goal, rather than mud-bogging or rock crawling. It really should be called "Glamping Portal". But, it is in my opinion, possibly the best resource for real world off highway road tripping.

Also, nobody here minds linking to threads on other forums. The goal is to share information.

huntsonora

Explorer
He is correct about the terms. I think the big difference here is that people are more camping oriented. Is the "ExPo" word over used here, sure. There are probably no more than two dozen actual "expeditions" tracked on this forum. The reality is, however, that people here are more interested in mild four-wheeling, with getting to a destination as the goal, rather than mud-bogging or rock crawling. It really should be called "Glamping Portal". But, it is in my opinion, possibly the best resource for real world off highway road tripping.

Also, nobody here minds linking to threads on other forums. The goal is to share information.

I agree. I also want to add that Jim (1Speed) is a great guy! I talked to him a couple of times when I was working on my 12 valve and he was just really helpful. I wish that guy the best and his new trailer project is unreal!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier