M116A2 trailer

Pikeman

Adventurer
you can keep the military lights and upgrade all the wiring, that is what I did. You can even find the military lights in LED since they have been using LED's for the past several years. Good luck with the project and enjoy.

rainstatebear

Adventurer
you can keep the military lights and upgrade all the wiring, that is what I did. You can even find the military lights in LED since they have been using LED's for the past several years. Good luck with the project and enjoy.

do the military LED run on 24v? I just put some 12v bulbs in.

tobiasinla

do the military LED run on 24v? I just put some 12v bulbs in.

I found this on SteelSoldiers

My trailer has the new military LED composite lights from Grote. They are multi-volt so they function with the correct brihtness on the 12 volt civi truck, or the 24 volt military truck.

However, most people are proud of them ($). So I did like you and put 12V bulbs in for now.

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Nice score on the trailer, and with a tarp too!

Great size behind the jeep and the same height.
A2 with 8 bolt GM wheels, surge brakes, parking brakes and a crank jack with caster wheel mud flaps, rear stabilizer leg, and a custom cover with vents.
" I would say you got a good one there"
As for the lights they look good so reuse them with 12 volt bulbs. I would rewire the whole trailer from the tongue back. "nothing worse than old trailer wiring"
I went with Grotte tail lights Jeep style off ebay they were less than $20.00 shipped and are big and bright.
What are your plans for it?

It would look great with matching paint and a dyed top to match the jeep.

My 116A2 rebuild. http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/78083-A-sister-for-my-M101A2

Attachments

• IMG_1611.jpg
    IMG_1611.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 402
  • $T2eC16VHJGoE9nuQfeh7BQLPj-Hdnw~~60_3.jpg
    $T2eC16VHJGoE9nuQfeh7BQLPj-Hdnw~~60_3.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

rainstatebear

Adventurer
You are reading my mind, it is an old welding trailer, so have some patchwork to do on the inside, but wanting to get a new black canvas and get her painted to match the jeep.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles