Subaru XV Crosstrek

J

JWP58

Anyone got one? This vehicle intrigues me. As it gets good gas mileage, is compact, and well....it looks cool lol.

I think this would be a great road trip vehicle, where the road trip could include a lot of dirt roads. I think with a decent set of tires, it could be decent for such uses.

Anyone got any input?

MadMax11

People (including me) have been doing this for years with Subarus.

Here's a photo from Ultimatesubaru.org (not mine)

130507109.jpg

Attachments

• 130507109.jpg
    130507109.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 117

JasonJLamb

Observer
I, too, am intrigued my this model and in Subarus in general. For me it comes down to the size and shape of the car. I have twins and a 55 lb. dog. Because of the slope of the rear area, most crossovers frustrate me. Even if the floor is good sized, the roof pinches off tons of space. If I put in some drawers and my dog's crate on top, I can't shut the hatch, and there's no room in the corners of the cargo area. I'm not doing a Romney and putting the dog on the roof! And with twins--even if you're a light packer--you need all the space you can get. I guess that's why I like Honda's Pilot if I were to go the crossover route.

I can talk myself into giving up a truck frame, lots of ground clearance, and two-speed transfer case because 90 to 99 percent of the time I don't need them. But I do need the interior space on a weekly, if not daily, basis.

Of course my answer would be different if it were just me and my wife; space wouldn't be such an issue.

If the space is good enough for you, I say go for it. I like the looks, the gas mileage, and Subaru's all-wheel drive, which I think puts it above almost all other crossovers. Search YouTube for Subarus off-roadng.

Flagster

Expedition Leader
I like them but at least here in AZ the models are the same in price to an outback...so much more room in the wagon I couldn't justify

Warn Industries

Supporting Vendor
I've spent some time in one (a week, to be exact). It's a neat vehicle. A bit more ground clearance, some different exterior bits. I was a bit disappointed with the power, though. I've driven both the CVT and the manual versions. Manual feels peppier, naturally. Good usable space inside, too. We looked into buying one, but ended up with an Impreza WRX instead.

You can read my thoughts on the Crosstrek on my personal website: http://www.subcompactculture.com/2013/01/review-2013-subaru-xv-crosstrek-premium.html

- Andy

justfred

Adventurer
I drove one last weekend. Even with the CVT, it was pretty fun.

I'm shopping for a vehicle to either replace the Rover (not quite, but for my needs it's not that far off), or commute to work in. I like the 09-11 Forester, and I was at the stealer to try one out - really hard to find a stick shift, and when I did I wasn't all that impressed; I liked the auto/leather/nicer one better.

Drove the Crosstrek just for fun. I wouldn't buy one, because they're nearly impossible to buy used, and I don't buy new. If I did - maybe, but I think the Forester is a better buy.

JacksonRally

Adventurer
Wheels are OZ rally 15". The backspacing is incorrect, but I just wanted to check caliper clearance and full lock....etc.

Brian its not mine, but it is one of the new partners of one of my ventures.

mike r

Adventurer
i have the 2012 impreza that is he same thing without the clearance,,any lifts for it yet? or would the XV suspension fit?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94