Subaru XV Crosstrek

justfred

Adventurer
"i have the 2012 impreza that is he same thing without the clearance"

The Crosstrek felt a lot bigger inside than the Impreza, especially headroom.

JacksonRally

Adventurer
Im 99% sure that the body is the same, be it Crosstrek or standard Impreza. They are doing the same trick they did years ago with the Foresters, the suspension is the same but they space the subframes down and put in longer struts/shocks. I would say yes the Crosstrek suspension will bolt onto the standard Impreza but there is a lot more to it with all of the spacers. We just received the first round of skid plates for the Crosstrek and are checking fitment and clearances right now. A small lift for the standard Impreza is in the works. You should be able to easily fit 26.5'' to 28'' tires.

Ratman1979

Observer
I have one and am a big fan. I'm getting about 30mpg over 8,000 miles. The interior is pretty simple and the power is lacking a bit but on the overall I enjoy it much more than my wife's Outback. It feels much more nimble than the Outback. I'm 6'5" and there is plenty of room to seat four adults. The storage area has room for road trips for two adults plus our dog. Some folks don't like the look of the wheels but they have grown on me.

smote

Jackson Rally just picked one up, we are developing a few bolt ons.

But first a quick test fit with some 28" BFG ATs

20130622_155452_zpsf6d89729.jpg

20130622_155634_zps7a49f8ef.jpg

Faith in the brand, restored. Thanks, once again, Jacksonrally.

ddog45

Adventurer
We just spent a week camping out of our crosstrek. We cranked out 3100 miles the car did great averaged 32 mpg's. I love the crosstrek. Best part is the wife said I could start adding performance parts as they become available.

Quest4ADV

Adventurer
We just spent a week camping out of our crosstrek. We cranked out 3100 miles the car did great averaged 32 mpg's. I love the crosstrek. Best part is the wife said I could start adding performance parts as they become available.

Hey DD, is it possible to sleep in the back of the XT? Just wondering, I haven't seen one in person yet, but I'm interested.

Thanks

JacksonRally

Adventurer
Getting there....

So you can protect your XV

So you can hear your XV

The exhaust is actually very subtle.

Jackson Rally is now Dirty Racing Products

DirtyRacingProducts.com

Still at least a week away from availability and pricing.

madmax718

Explorer
Hey DD, is it possible to sleep in the back of the XT? Just wondering, I haven't seen one in person yet, but I'm interested.

Thanks

I tried at the stealership. its kinda a no go, at least for me due to the hump. In a pinch you *could*. Push both the driver and front passenger seats fully forward.

2013 xv: about 55-58. (http://www.cars101.com/subaru/crosstrek/crosstrek2013.html)

BTW, that site has all the measurements for subaru's.

J

JWP58

I think my wife will end up getting one. Should be great for long hunting road trips! Just gotta go test drive one.

Maverick1701

Adventurer
I have been considering a crosstrek as a mate for my M38A1 & something slide around on dirt roads.
I LOVE the look of the Subaru XVs with a mild lift, mud-terrains, and some rally lights. they are sharp looking cars.

Paddy

Adventurer
I have two friends who own one and both are rather disappointed with them. They are very cramped inside and with the factory sunroof I find them downright claustrophobic and I’ve been known to drive some small cars. I dunno, I’m kinda anti Subaru though, I went through that phase and I’m so glad to be on the other side now. They don’t seem overly well built, inexpensive or reliable. So, what’s the attraction anyway? They did have a cool looking wagon a while back but it wasn’t the cross trek. Anyway if you’re tall, skip the factory sunroof if possible.

Please don’t jump my **** over these comments, just my opinion and personal experience.

LazerBlazer

I have a 2014 Crosstrek that I have put just under 40k miles on from new. This is how I feel about the rig, the looks are amazing I have the tangerine orange pearl version which I think looks amazing with the stock black/chrome wheels. The height is great it is easy to get into and out of I am 5'11" tall for reference, the ride height allows you to tackle some uneven road surfaces. The All wheel drive works great in the snow/ice up steep, rocky, and unmaintained forest roads. The power is something that I find lacking in the sense that you won't be winning many drag races, but your fine on the hwy to pass other vehicles... but this can be remedied with a 3.6r outback or xt forester. The cargo space is decent for two people, we have two dogs so they end up taking the back seat with the trunk being filled and cargo basket on top filled when overlanding. As was mentioned earlier the slope of the rear hatch eats into cargo space, which I find to be a bit small anyhow. The thoughts are based on owning 92' Subaru legacy with a 2.2l, that vehicle was very low to the ground compared to the crosstrek, yet was still very capable off road and the power delivery of the EJ series of motors is much preferred. All in all I find it a great vehicle that I am holding onto for now as I have paid it off and see it lasting easily another 10 years. Great commuter or small adventure vehicle worth looking into if you don't require a ton of space.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94