2000 Ford 7.3L Motovan build (225's build cont'd)

another_mike

Adventurer
That's great!

Really? that's great? he just drained 30 gallons of diesel/gas onto a parking lot...

Im still recovering from physical injuries after after highsiding a motorcycle on a roadway cause someone allowed diesel to cover the roadway starting mid corner on a turn. Draining diesel on a road is anything but "great". The police tried to track the spill to find the person that caused it, since it caused a crash with injuries, but the spill had stopped before the vehicle that caused it.

Corneilius

Adventurer
Yeah thats not cool. Any shops would have oil disposal drums, most auto parts stores too. Seems like 6 Five gallon gas cans would have worked.

Village Idiot
Oil Change Day.

Today was oil change day. Not sure when the last one was done, but I'm positive it needed it. I've done put 3k on her already. I have a new fuel filter, it will go in in a couple of days.

The air filters were shot:
BkKu8tPh.jpg

Can't break old habits. We do this on the boat I work on to keep track:

7W5LFLoh.jpg

And the best tool in the world, a oil drain plug holder. Break the bolt, then use this nifty bastard to stop you from getting hot oil down your arm.

NRCEHDkh.jpg

Next couple of days, I'll be stripping the interior and figuring out how to build new seat mounts.

Village Idiot
Started working on the interior.

Ripped the rubber floors out. What a mess!

1zAq7sRh.jpg

All clean!

kMXY9zph.jpg

The front was just as bad.

DQcRmuwh.jpg

Buffed, used rust inhibitor, primed and painted all the rust spots.

Y9OXCV8h.jpg

Wood sub-floor in:

MYj5yirh.jpg

Reflctix in the front:

WfPQuZ5h.jpg

New outdoor carpet in:

E7BqN2Qh.jpg

Vinyl flooring in:

UG2qSHlh.jpg

Threshold plate between the two:

KjZyHiKh.jpg

New center console and head unit with backup camera:

vioppmQh.jpg

Now I need to trim the exposed plywood with aluminum and install the L-Track and the new seats!

Village Idiot
I drove 12 hours back to work...

Why I have trust issues. Same color as E85 handle.

Mr3dxldh.jpg

Only one van in the whole junk yard. At least I was able to get a new arm rest I needed.

Lz93D1zh.jpg

Hammock pit stop:

xbZsIxmh.jpg

Village Idiot
I've been kicking the idea around of adding power windows and door locks. After looking and planning around, I think I'm going to do it. I'm not going to try to wire it into a harness that isn't there. And I want keyless entry, which isn't possible even if I had the power harness in the van.

I'm still planning, but here is the general idea.

My windows will use OEM window motor / regulators, wired to a ACC power source.

I ordered 2 of these:

2cqdUjJh.jpg

Once I figure out the up/down on the door switch, it should work.

Then for the door locks, I'm going with a aftermarket keyless entry system with OEM door actuators.

I already bought some door switches off eBay:
3g9tSsxh.jpg

WLhk3cUh.jpg

I'm looking for electric door panels too. Just need to go boneyard hunting.

While I'm at it, I'm going to fiberglass some component speakers in the door and cover up the original speaker grilles. And then spray the whole door panel with OEM interior paint.

My first order of business is building the seat mounts once I get back in from offshore. Next will be the doors and building a gas air compressor.

B^2

Observer
Started working on the interior.

Ripped the rubber floors out. What a mess!

1zAq7sRh.jpg

All clean!

kMXY9zph.jpg

The front was just as bad.

DQcRmuwh.jpg

Buffed, used rust inhibitor, primed and painted all the rust spots.

Y9OXCV8h.jpg

Wood sub-floor in:

MYj5yirh.jpg

Reflctix in the front:

WfPQuZ5h.jpg

New outdoor carpet in:

E7BqN2Qh.jpg

Vinyl flooring in:

UG2qSHlh.jpg

Threshold plate between the two:

KjZyHiKh.jpg

New center console and head unit with backup camera:

vioppmQh.jpg

Now I need to trim the exposed plywood with aluminum and install the L-Track and the new seats!

What did you use to clean the floors/how long did it take?

Village Idiot
What did you use to clean the floors/how long did it take?

I used Dawn dish soap and a water hose. It took longer to pull everything out than it did to wash it.

Pulling the old rubber floor, washing it, drying it with a fan, and priming and painting took a half a day.

djbonsu

Adventurer
I've been kicking the idea around of adding power windows and door locks. After looking and planning around, I think I'm going to do it. I'm not going to try to wire it into a harness that isn't there. And I want keyless entry, which isn't possible even if I had the power harness in the van.

I'm still planning, but here is the general idea.

My windows will use OEM window motor / regulators, wired to a ACC power source.

Once I figure out the up/down on the door switch, it should work.

Then for the door locks, I'm going with a aftermarket keyless entry system with OEM door actuators.

I'm looking for electric door panels too. Just need to go boneyard hunting.

While I'm at it, I'm going to fiberglass some component speakers in the door and cover up the original speaker grilles. And then spray the whole door panel with OEM interior paint.

My first order of business is building the seat mounts once I get back in from offshore. Next will be the doors and building a gas air compressor.

The boneyard is your best bet or Craiglist. If you find some power doors, you may get lucky and be able to plug and play! My power windows were plug and play via my OEM harness but my locks werent so i have to make a circuit for it to work properly as a ground wire ot two was missing from my OEM harness. Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94