Pugsly's FG rebuild thread

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
I was on Gonnatrack's website today reading about their South America adventures, and went over to their Super Singles page,
With a bit of searching you might find that the owner of goannatracks has his own agenda and that unbiased comparisons may not be his strong suit.
And I totally agree with pugslyyy... when it comes to tyre selections, if they don't do the same thing then making comparisons is pointless.

Thespoon

Observer
Hi All
I had the Toyo M608Z (4+2spares) fitted to my Isuzu NPS at around 55'000kms and at around the 100'000kms I had still about 30'000kms of life left in the worst worn of them. ( I did swap them around incl. the spares roughly every 15'00kms) The weight on the front axle was 2400kgs and on the rear 3400kgs. Driving on sealed Highways I kept the tyre pressure at 85psi on the rear and 65psi on the front. On unsealed roads I dropped down to 65psi on the rear and 45psi on the front and this set up worked well for me. They are a good all-round tyre.
Happy travels
Adrian

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Spending $5000 on a set of five tires and rims was not something I did lightly. However, after 6000 miles on them I have to say it is some of the best money I've ever spent and would do so again in a instant.

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
They are a good all-round tyre. Happy travels Adrian

Spending $5000 on a set of five tires and rims was not something I did lightly. However, after 6000 miles on them I have to say it is some of the best money I've ever spent and would do so again in a instant.

That is great to hear.
While I am very happy with my current Super Singles (Falken 335/80-16) and they have a load rating that is fine when I’m in ‘camper’ mode, it is very close when I am hauling my 2 ATVs inside the Fuso also (Fat Polaris Sportmans, so an additional 1500+ pounds). It is nice to know the Toyo with their great load rating are performing so well. Thanks for the feedback.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
That is great to hear.
While I am very happy with my current Super Singles (Falken 335/80-16) and they have a load rating that is fine when I'm in ‘camper' mode, it is very close when I am hauling my 2 ATVs inside the Fuso also (Fat Polaris Sportmans, so an additional 1500+ pounds). It is nice to know the Toyo with their great load rating are performing so well. Thanks for the feedback.

Yeah for lower loads there are more (and possibly better) options, but for super singles without derating this is the way to go, IMHO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94