Oh yet another SRW FUSO....so sweet

scubagai

Observer
Well, I finally got my rims. I decided to go with Hankook MT 285/70/16's. Think they look pretty good. Working on subframe for the camper box this week.

Attachments

• IMG_1348.jpg
    IMG_1348.jpg
    550.2 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_1293.jpg
    IMG_1293.jpg
    560.4 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_1316.jpg
    IMG_1316.jpg
    549 KB · Views: 135

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
Looks like they are mounted with white outline letters out on the passenger side and in on the driver side? What's that about?

haven

Expedition Leader
I think those tires have a load rating of about 3700 lb each, or about 7000 lb on the rear axle. With dual rear wheels and four OEM rear tires, the Fuso was rated for more than 9400 lb. on the rear axle. Just something to be aware of when you're building your camper.

I look forward to seeing more about your build. How many miles on the Fuso? Where did you find it?

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
Just realized that since the rear mount reversed from the front it probably is easy to get them all mixed up...

Looks like they are mounted with white outline letters out on the passenger side and in on the driver side? What's that about?

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Are those going on The DOKA Fuso or The Hackney Fuso ?
What tires are you planning on using ?

Initially they are going on the Hackney, though they will fit on either.

Tires will be the Toyo M608Z 285/70R19.5, one of only a few Fuso SRW options that does not require derating the rear GAWR.

There will be a build thread coming up on the changes I will be making to the service body to accommodate the larger wheelset.

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
With dual rear wheels and four OEM rear tires, the Fuso was rated for more than 9400 lb. on the rear axle.
TG's truck is an 'early' FG so rated at 12,000 GVW. 5,200 lb front, 8,600 lb rear [SUP](yep, front+rear=14,000---but overall is 12k)[/SUP]

Last edited:

scubagai

Observer
Thanks Haven....I am really going to try to go minimalist on camper...think I will be way below max load rating.

TWHuntFish

PM sent

Not sure how far along your build is, but I sent a link for a trugreen shell.
Check your pm mail.

Regards,
Eric

scubagai

Observer
Well, the camper is mounted and has been slept in, band equipment hauled in it and had lots of beer spilled inside. No windows, or interior.....but fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles