suspension needs for FWC

colotaco

Adventurer
Does anybody have an opinion on suspension needs for a FWC, I have a 99 taco and was planning on putting on OME Dakars and Bilstein 5100's for the rear on it with Bilstein adjustable fronts and OME coils in front. Is this overkill for eventually putting on a FWC or ATC?

kcowyo

ExPo Original
It doesn't sound like it to me.

Those are all great components for a loaded or unloaded Tacoma. I'm still running stock springs but the Dakars or custom spring packs from Deaver would be my choice when it comes time to replace the stock packs.

Another popular option with FWC & ATC owners are airbag set-ups from Air-Lift or Firestone. Those help out tremendously with sway, pitch and understeering issues.

erod

Adventurer
i think kc hit that one on the head. personally i went with OME spring packs and fabtech shocks. also installed ride rites. i think its overkill but would recommend everything other than the fabtechs, sounds like you have the right idea

slooowr6

Explorer
No, it's not overkill.
Air bags can help to level the truck left to right. On my taco the gas tank is on the driver side and all the appliances on ATC is also on the driver sides. I put 20 psi on the driver side and 5psi on the passenger side and the truck sits level. I've 5100 on all 4 corners. Not sure if it has enough damping for the OME coil on the front. Why not use the OME shock to go with it, should be a better fit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior