Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Confession | Forward Control

Default Confession | Forward Control

Roam Automotive has a Jeep addiction.

This little nugget's going to debut on the 6th Annual U.P. Overland trip the end of the month!

Do you know where in Colorado it came from?

I remember one like/similar in Colorado Springs in the mid 90's.
    Neil

Stinkin Sweet.... Give us the specs and the complete photo tour. Otherwise I will think you are just joshing us with some photo shop BS! HAHA!

The owner of a local 4wd shop has 2 or 3 of them, so dang cool!

Quote Originally Posted by jscusmcvet View Post
    Stinkin Sweet.... Give us the specs and the complete photo tour. Otherwise I will think you are just joshing us with some photo shop BS! HAHA!
    LOL! Primarily cosmetic. Engine (289 Ford) is tight, brakes good, etc. Runs really, really well.
    Going to give the cab a vinyl wrap ( not original paint ) - and the camper will be painted to match.

Debating wheels ( MT ) and tires ( Duratrac ) today. The tires on it now are brand new... may just paint the wheels and be happy with it?
    We're talking about a little bit of lift if we go with new gear.

Interior of the camper is cool. Fully functional. Sink, Beds, Bunks, Stove, Fridge, etc. So cool.

More to follow. I emailed the previous seller from Colorado ( Pueblo ) for more information about it. The local guy in Marquette had it shipped out and it just sat for a couple years.

-Tom

We'll be posted quite a few pics on the Roam Automotive Facebook Page too if you're a FB'er.
    Last edited by TJDIV; 07-10-2013 at 09:24 PM.

I mean, I really like it...

Default Interior Shots

Everything works

I like that bed setup. Me, I'd be tempted to just use the bunk bed, and leave the table setup.
    2012 JKU Rubicon, Auto
    aka Riptide

My Build/Adventure Thread: HERE
    My CND M101 Thead: HERE

Wow, this is awesome! My suggestion to your wheels question would be to paint what you got. This rig definitely needs to stay old school a bit. A small lift to reinvigorate the suspension sounds like a good idea to me.

My brothers and I dreamed of a rig like this. An old, rugged machine, with some comforts of home for the three of us. My oldest brother wanted to take a trip across Canada (I don't know where the idea came from) and he called the rig he was dreaming of the "Canadamobile". He actually got a start on it with a very early Toyota pick up (2wd, I think it was a '72?...) that he found a little camper top for and added more capable tires. Alas, those tires were not enough as he slid it into a tree in a snowstorm right in our neighborhood in NJ.

Fond memories... sorry to hijack

John

Beautiful project Tom. Feeling it.
    and hope to see it in person sometime..
    Joash R

2002 Double Cab Bakkie/1997 LX450 Imvubu/2012 Royal Enfield C5 Pippa /2014 Honda CB1100 DLX
    If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do, we shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do. -Samuel Butler

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast