Confession | Forward Control

TJDIV

Adventurer
Roam Automotive has a Jeep addiction.

This little nugget's going to debut on the 6th Annual U.P. Overland trip the end of the month! :)

1001007_413583765427662_743365948_n.jpg

njtacoma

Explorer
Do you know where in Colorado it came from?

I remember one like/similar in Colorado Springs in the mid 90's.

jscusmcvet

Explorer
Stinkin Sweet.... Give us the specs and the complete photo tour. Otherwise I will think you are just joshing us with some photo shop BS! HAHA!

TJDIV

Adventurer
Stinkin Sweet.... Give us the specs and the complete photo tour. Otherwise I will think you are just joshing us with some photo shop BS! HAHA!

LOL! Primarily cosmetic. Engine (289 Ford) is tight, brakes good, etc. Runs really, really well.
Going to give the cab a vinyl wrap ( not original paint ) - and the camper will be painted to match.

Debating wheels ( MT ) and tires ( Duratrac ) today. The tires on it now are brand new... may just paint the wheels and be happy with it?
We're talking about a little bit of lift if we go with new gear.

Interior of the camper is cool. Fully functional. Sink, Beds, Bunks, Stove, Fridge, etc. So cool.

More to follow. I emailed the previous seller from Colorado ( Pueblo ) for more information about it. The local guy in Marquette had it shipped out and it just sat for a couple years.

-Tom

We'll be posted quite a few pics on the Roam Automotive Facebook Page too if you're a FB'er.

Last edited:

jscusmcvet

Explorer
Wow, this is awesome! My suggestion to your wheels question would be to paint what you got. This rig definitely needs to stay old school a bit. A small lift to reinvigorate the suspension sounds like a good idea to me.

My brothers and I dreamed of a rig like this. An old, rugged machine, with some comforts of home for the three of us. My oldest brother wanted to take a trip across Canada (I don't know where the idea came from) and he called the rig he was dreaming of the "Canadamobile". He actually got a start on it with a very early Toyota pick up (2wd, I think it was a '72?...) that he found a little camper top for and added more capable tires. Alas, those tires were not enough as he slid it into a tree in a snowstorm right in our neighborhood in NJ.

Fond memories... sorry to hijack

John

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
I move out of town and THEN the guy decides to sell it. He wasn't interested last year at all. This thing sat down the street from me, it was tortuous. Glad it went to a good home where it will get used, even if I still kinda hate you Tom. :p

TJDIV

Adventurer
I move out of town and THEN the guy decides to sell it. He wasn't interested last year at all. This thing sat down the street from me, it was tortuous. Glad it went to a good home where it will get used, even if I still kinda hate you Tom. :p

So is now a good time to talk about the other Willys that will be on the trip too? :)

smugshot_7119745-L.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles