Custom Mitsubishi Fuso FG 4x4 Expedition Off-Road Vehicle/Camper,Diesel, Vancouver,BC

fullwheat

Exterior photos:

http://imgur.com/a/4aAHP

Interior photos:

camper 001.jpgcamper 002.jpgcamper 003.jpgcamper 004.jpgcamper 005.jpgcamper 006.jpgcamper 008.jpgcamper 010.jpgcamper 011.jpgcamper 012.jpg

This is a custom built motorhome based on a 2004 Mitsubishi Fuso FG 4x4 medium duty truck. The living quarters are made from a 17' Casita fiberglass trailer. The conversion was done in 2010. I have to sell it because we are moving to Spain.

The camper is in great shape and ready to go on a big journey. The truck has a 4 cylinder turbo diesel engine with automatic which gets about 17mpg on the freeway. Top speed is about 120km/h. Mileage is around 180k. Has recently had all fluids changed and a full inspection done.
The camper has a propane heating system, fridge, air conditioner, wet bath with toilet and shower, big fresh water tank, separate black water and gray water tanks, kitchen sink and bathroom sink, extra outdoor shower, DVD system with flat screen monitor, microwave, two stove burners (propane) and lots of storage space. All windows and the top latch have mosquito netting and shades.
It has two seating areas which sit a total of 6 people. Both seating areas can be converted to beds, one is appr. queen size, the other is for one person. A fourth person can sleep on the floor on a mattress (included) and in theory, a fifth person could sleep on the bench in the cab. Inside height is about 1.83m.

The truck seats three people in the cab. It has an air conditioner, CD player, power steering, power windows and power locks. Lo-Jack anti-theft system with GPS locator is hidden on vehicle. 3-way alarm system with remote in both cab and camper.

Also included is a Kawasaki 3000W Generator that was bought in 2011 and has been used less than 20 hours. It is one of the quietest generators on the market and cost over $1000. It can power the AC and other things at the same time.

This camper gets A LOT of attention. I did not build it with this intention and have sometimes wondered how I could change that. You definitely meet a lot of people in parking lots and elsewhere, which is nice, but sometimes when I just want to get something done quickly, it can be a bit annoying.

The camper is narrow and short enough to easily fit into most standard parking spots.
It has been very reliable, starts up every time, idles steady, accelerates strongly and rides smoothly on the freeway. Everything works.
It is registered in BC as a van (that's what they decided it qualifies as), which keeps the insurance costs very low. The truck was previously registered in Oregon, so it should not be a problem for a US buyer to re-import and register the vehicle in the USA.

The four wheel drive also comes with low gearing for extreme uphill or off-road conditions. Mechanical locking hubs.

PRICE: $29000

PRICE IS FIRM!

Last edited:

fullwheat

File "invalid"?

This post requires pictures, definitely. Sounds like a great camper !

Hi!
I am having some real problems posting the photos, it keeps giving me an error that the files are "not valid". They are regular jpg files.
Do you have any advice?
Thanks!

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Hi!
I am having some real problems posting the photos, it keeps giving me an error that the files are "not valid". They are regular jpg files.
Do you have any advice?
Thanks!

Something going on with your browser or ISP? It's not an issue with the message board because it is working for other folks. I had an error trying to upload some images today but once I completely closed and relaunched my browser it worked fine.

Good luck - we want to see what your rig looks like!

Frankspinz

Adventurer
17mpg is quite good (14l/100km) . It looks like the camper is isolated from vehicle frame flex. How is it mounted ?

fullwheat

Looks like a Fuso truck with a Casita camp trailer bolted on the back, pretty easy and light setup to work with.

That's correct, everything is bolted. The "egg" can be removed in about 30 minutes. Putting it on takes about 40 minutes (Lining up the holes takes a bit longer). It can be done with one big forklift or with two smaller forklifts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior