The Lost XR

lostxr

Observer
OHV Ambassadors Meet and Greet:

Saturday 8/17 Senator Highway Meet/Greet 0900-1500. We will be conducting a meet and greet to answer questions and distribute OHV information.
Location:(Prescott) From Gurley Street take Mt. Vernon Ave., South, and continue as it turns into Senator Highway. Travel 7 miles to end of pavement. OHVA trailer will be 150 yards ahead on the right.
N 34.27.418 W 112.26.614 6300' elevation
It would be great to meet a lot of you guys and we will have some outstanding maps to help with riding areas. Thanks Clint

lostxr

Observer
Parts are coming in

Parts are coming in and a few I will just install but other I will do a detailed install. Hope you like this build guys we have a great ride we are working on once this is done.

xrparts.jpg xrpipe.jpg

lostxr

Observer
Gas Tank

I really wanted to run a larger tank so I placed a call to Clarke to place an order for the 4.0 gallon XR650L tank. I love the natural color so I can keep an eye on the level. I plan on making some long trips with this setup so the 4.0 was right in line for the task. I have used these tanks in the past and had very good luck with them. I tried a much larger tank before but really did not care for the feel of the extra weight. I do ride a lot of single track and tech trails and that helped me to choose the 4.0. I also has some graphics that I will be installing on the tank soon. I always mark my tanks so that I know how much fuel I have.

DSCF0053.jpgDSCF0054.jpgtank.jpg

lostxr

Observer
Let the exhast flow. The new pipe

I had been looking around for some time for the right exhaust pipe. And I have the right one now. I went with the XR Only pipe first of all because it just a beautiful piece of work. The fit and finish is unreal. It is a truly tuned pipe and after the install I could tell a huge difference right off the bat even with out doing any tuning on the jets. I have placed an order for jets and will let you guys know how that works out for me. The pipe is a SS and I ended up losing 2.5 pounds of weight, might not sound like a lot but it all adds up. I removed all the mounting bolts of the stock pipe and then added the new header pipe first. I left the header pipe bolts loose at this time. The muffler almost fell into place the fit is so nice. I added the mounting bolts for the muffler and tighten all bolts to the right torque. Easy peesy. Here are a few shots of the pipe. What a great look and the performance is really felt. The pipe might be a little loud for some but XR Only make a baffle for it as well. I do have some hires photos if any of you guys have an interest. A big thanks to Chazz Layne for shooting all the photos for me. The guys at XR Only make just an outstanding looking muffler and header pipe.

pipe1.jpgpipe2.jpgpipe3.jpgpipe4.jpgpipe5.jpgpipe6.jpg

lostxr

Observer
Holy Crap your killing me

And to think I JB welded plates on my case. IUs this something new you guys are doing? And will it work with the new skid plate I ordered? Man you guy rock.

Bad Lt

Its a prototype, going to make them out of carbon fiber..yes they will work well with our skid plates. I'll keep ya up dated when the 1st batch comes in! Keep dressing up that sexy XR650L!!!

lostxr

Observer
OHV Ambassadors Meet and Greet

OHV Ambassadors Meet and Greet:

Saturday 8/24 Senator Highway Meet/Greet 0900-1500. We will be conducting a meet and greet to answer questions and distribute OHV information.
LocationPrescott) From Gurley Street take Mt. Vernon Ave., South, and continue as it turns into Senator Highway. Travel 7 miles to end of pavement. OHVA trailer will be 150 yards ahead on the right.
N 34.27.418 W 112.26.614 6300’ elevation
It would be great to meet a lot of you guys and we will have some outstanding maps to help with riding areas. Thanks Clint

lostxr

Observer
The new hand guards

I ordered the Acerbis Endurance hand guard and got the install done in no time at all. I really like the look and feel of these and the bend is very nice not to interfere while off road. Great protection for the hand and the bars.

handguard1.jpghandguard2.jpg

lostxr

Observer
Rear brake guard install

The XR Only's rear Shark Fin is just a work of art. I love the look of machined part so much better than a cast piece. It also makes it so much easier to remove when doing a tire change. The fin slide right over the stock mount and holds itself in place. Very easy install.
remove rear wheel and caliper.
remove dust seal
remove caliper guide pin
install guide pin in the Shark Fin using Loctite #3
install dust seal on Shark Fin
Slide complete assembly on swing arm and you are set to go
The Shark Fin adds tons of protection to the rear disk and you do not have to worry about the old plastic guard breaking or also the old mounts breaking as well. This thing is as solid as they come.

brake1.jpgbrake2.jpgbrake3.jpgbrake4.jpgbrake5.jpgbrake6.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94