LIFESAVER: What do you think about the Lifesaver jerry cans for filtering water?

magentawave

Adventurer
Its been four months since you left your post about ordering a Lifesaver. What do you think about it? Thanks.

I just purchased the 20k ltr Jerry for our Land Rover Camper. I wanted a simple, effective water purification system, needing no power or pipe work. What I like most about the Lifesaver system is, a 0.015 micron pore size, too small for the nastiest bits to pass through. No back flushing needed, only a front side wash to remove built up solids on the outside of the filter. As for turbid water stopping it from working, just look at some of the videos out there and see how well it works with stirred in cow patty or 5lb of dirt. There are some rather nasty looking samples tested, with no difference of what comes out, clean drinkable water. There should be no problem with South American water sources with this set up. You could always use a bandana, or schemagh to cover the opening when filling up the jerry from a dirty source to minimize the solids. Not having to add chemicals to the water is also a huge plus. I have ordered the hose, and can test the difference in flow rate with the carbon filter tap. For our needs, this is an ideal set up. If you do settle on the Lifesaver Jerry, there is a new seller on eBay(not me) selling the 20k units for about the price of the 10k's. Free shipping, and eBay $25 off coupon made it $295 delivered for our jerry. I hope this helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier