Mike's M416 Rebuild

hesterj

Adventurer
Don, that is exactly how I approached that problem also.

Amnt,All I did was hold a tape measure on the lip of the tub with one hand. The other hand pulled out the tape out until my arm was stretched out to the max. That measurement was where the lid's full open position ended. Add a little for mounting distance.
All that was left was looking around the auto parts store for something in a simular length. :)
Hope it helps.

amnt

Observer
Progress

Well, I finally got the frame back together, the top fabricated and the tub painted. Here are a few pics.
014.jpg
018.jpg
On the way Home from the shop.
019.jpg
Now, just need to get the inside of the tub painted, top mounted and fenders fabricated. I am getting closer.

amnt

Observer
I dont have nay pictures of the install. I just purchased a 30" tube from Northern Tool and cut a hole in the rear frame rail and slid the receiver tube through to the next frame rail and welded it in place. I did cut it a little bit so it does not stick out too far.

amnt

Observer
Fenders

I am going to have some built. I want to mount them on the same brackets as the OEM fenders. Same shape but 13" wide. This is what I would like to do but it depends upon how expensive they are. I would make my own but I do not have access to a bender.

I found some at Sierra 4x4 Trailers but they mount differently and since the body is already painted I am hesitant.

Any suggestions?

DonBeasley

Adventurer
I am going to have some built. I want to mount them on the same brackets as the OEM fenders. Same shape but 13" wide. This is what I would like to do but it depends upon how expensive they are. I would make my own but I do not have access to a bender.

I found some at Sierra 4x4 Trailers but they mount differently and since the body is already painted I am hesitant.

Any suggestions?

Let me know what you find. I would like to do the same thing but have not got a price under $400. Are they crazy????????????

amnt

Observer
Fenders

I have had a quote here of around $300 but that is crazy. I believe the Sierra 4x4 fenders are $99 a pair. I have a friend that owns a fab shop and has a press break. He is going to build me a set. I may even do them myself if he is too busy. We have a local company here that will sell me the cut sheets so all I need to do is notch for the bend angle and bend the fenders. I will let you know how it goes.

amnt

Observer
Rotopax

I want to add the rotopax system to my trailer but I am not sure what mount I should use. I have seen a few trailers that have it added to the tub but do not know what bracket is being used. Any thoughts?
:)

The General

I want to add the rotopax system to my trailer but I am not sure what mount I should use. I have seen a few trailers that have it added to the tub but do not know what bracket is being used. Any thoughts?

I maybe missed something, but just use the mounts that come with the rotopax. I mounted mine to the front with the included self tapping screws. They are very secure but not lockable.

I used these to mount up mine.
http://rotopax.com/LOX-Pack-Mount.html

FE290E0C-FF12-4206-B64E-C2F7304471B1-1506-000002389F06814F_zps3ce3ee55.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz