First things first, We'll see where it goes from there

richard cabesa

Adventurer
Next things next

I got that pesky day 13 mod out of the way and they did a pretty good job. Replaced the bed side and the spray man got the orange peel pretty darn close to the factory paint. Color match is right-on. I think some one who didn't know would be hard pressed to tell.

The camper shell was next, I need to be able to lock up tools and ocasionaly bulky items. I went with the ARE due to the vented windoors. The fit and finish is not quite as good as my SnugTop on the last truck but they don't offer the vented doors. ARE DID NOT match the paint well at all.

AND . .

. . . it got to see it's first dirt today :luxhello: about 15 miles of rocky rutted mountain ridge road.

a little posing,

The fresh new rear quarter
255628529_n3sZb-M.jpg

Gotta get that azz end up, AAL's are on the way
255628402_J257e-M.jpg

It doesn't look like much here
255628582_F9mTz-M.jpg

At one point while squeezing by a 30" square boulder by an inch, Takillya Cabesa ( the missus) says "you need to get some of those slider thingies"

Me, beiing a good husband and always doing what she says, will comply :sombrero:

rovingowl

Observer
nice truck. i'm looking forward to your plans/mods for the bed area, as it sounds like our trucks serve similair purposes.

maxama10

Welcome to Nevadafornia
Are you running the bilstein 5100's in the front?

Have you considered getting the leaf spring TSB done?

Looking forward to see more mods.

:lurk:

richard cabesa

Adventurer
maxama10 said:
Are you running the bilstein 5100's in the front?

Have you considered getting the leaf spring TSB done?

Looking forward to see more mods.

:lurk:

No, stock shocks with a spacer on top.

My dealer said no on the TSB, I may have been able to push him but the AAL's are cheap and I'll probably spring for a set of custom springs in the future.

maxama10

Welcome to Nevadafornia
Yeah, seem to be hit and miss with the TSB, even more so on 08's.

Oh, and at full flex with my access cab I find it difficult to shut the doors if I open them. Wish we got fully boxed frames! :mad:

richard cabesa

Adventurer
Oh man, my wallet hurts!

Picked up a whole stack of Thule parts today and got them installed on the truck. I was able to get all four bars at the same height. I didn't think I would be able to with the rise on the camper.

257648989_Bu3Rv-M.jpg

This will make it easy to carry the rare long item for work. I thought I would have to install the bars on the camper up higher and then have a basket on top of the cab bars to get it all in line. It still fits in the garage this way too! :luxhello:

257649072_Q44d4-M.jpg

This way I'll only have to run the basket while traveling and not have the noise, and milage loss, of it being there every day. Speaking of noise, first test drive was with out the faring. Holy mackerel, I drove straight to the store and bought the fairing

257649117_Log6B-M.jpg

Not very much clearence from the roof of the camper but I think it will be all right. As I said, I plan to use a basket on the cab and I'll probably add a plywood sheet on them with akward things like jack and shovel bolted to it. We'll see where it goes.

257649030_ZZhja-M.jpg

My add-a-leafs showed up today and I need to get moving on my storage drawers :wings:

Last edited:

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Listen well young grasshopper!

richard cabesa said:
At one point while squeezing by a 30" square boulder by an inch, Takillya Cabesa ( the missus) says "you need to get some of those slider thingies"

Me, beiing a good husband and always doing what she says, will comply :sombrero:

Too funny, you know when to listen at least!
Glad the dents got repaired and you were able to take it on it's maiden voyage. Fun times.

StumpXJ

SE Expedition Society
I love it (and document it) when my wife says stuff like that.... :D

Thule stuff looks good! i wish my truck would still fit in the garage.

~James

richard cabesa

Adventurer
stumptaco said:
I love it (and document it) when my wife says stuff like that.... :D

~James

Get it signed if you can.

By the way, I'll beer the first to identify the grill hanging on the wall back there :beer:

257648989_Bu3Rv-M.jpg

Jacket

2008 Expedition Trophy Champion
No idea on the grill....

What footpack model are you using over the cab? And what is the distance between the roof of the cab and the cross bar?

richard cabesa

Adventurer
Jacket said:
No idea on the grill....

What footpack model are you using over the cab? And what is the distance between the roof of the cab and the cross bar?

400XT Areo for the feet and the 2160 fit kit. there's 3" at the center of the cab.

It all went together pretty well except I just couldn't make it work with their diamensions for spacing between feet side to side. At their numbers, when I would tighten everthing up it would bow the bars down in the middle, ALOT! I think I spaced them about an extra 3/4".

When I got it figured out, I then spread them front to rear about 3/4" each more than their spec. It "rotates" the bars a little more but I'll build shims into the bottom of the basket to keep clamping forces from trying to twist them off the truck.

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
richard cabesa said:
Get it signed if you can.

By the way, I'll beer the first to identify the grill hanging on the wall back there :beer:

257648989_Bu3Rv-M.jpg
'64 or '65 Falcon, I've never been good at telling them apart.

richard cabesa

Adventurer
ntsqd said:
'64 or '65 Falcon, I've never been good at telling them apart.

Very good, Nut Squad, maybe we could meet for that beer :friday:

It's from my '64 that I spent about seven years building. Driven by my wife most of the time except I'd yank it out from under her for the "winter" do so something else to it.

1200261_uGd4A-M.jpg

5.0L roller motor stroked to 327 cu in. Aluminum heads, yada, yada yada, 5-speed
1200262_Fztfn-M.jpg

Suspension done in a road race style with R&P steering and four wheel discs
1200649_PniJX-M.jpg

I can't leave anything alone :Mechanic:
1200646_NQ7RS-M.jpg

Bored yet?
8937130_EGjK7-M.jpg

I just finished with my add-a-leaf install. I'm going to go take a spin and pick up materials for my boxes.

SeeYa :wavey:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94