'12 Nissan Frontier sleeping platform

thevulture

Hello all, I've lurked on here for awhile and now have something to share. I built up a quick, easy and cheap sleeping platform for my '12 Frontier. Total cost of materials is $80 and it can be removed from the bed in 20 minutes. It took about 4 hours to build, but I was taking my time.
I am 6'4" and 185lbs, the platform does not sag and I can close the tailgate and sleep at a slight angle. I will be heading up to Montana in a week and will be using this up there. I'll give a report when I am back.

I used three 2x6's and on 2x4 with a 1x4 riser underneath. The riser was used so I could slide milk crates underneath the platform.
IMG_3402.jpg
The truck bed has indentations for a 2x6 to rest across so I did not need to drill into my bed or build lower supports.
IMG_3404.jpg
I used a 2x4 closest to the cab because I needed clearance to get past the tiedowns. I had to cut a little bit off the 2x4 to clear the bolts.
IMG_3406.jpg
The remainder of my 1x4 was used as a guide for the milk crates, so they won't slide around the bed.
IMG_3408.jpg
The plywood had to be cut into two pieces.
IMG_3409.jpg
Notches near the tailgate.
IMG_3410.jpg
Carpeted.
IMG_3412.jpg
Complete with my Softopper.
IMG_3413.jpg

stioc

Expedition Leader
That's a nifty setup, good job.

One of the setups I saw and really liked in a pickup was two storage cabinets on the sides of the bed rails with an open center. These carpeted cabinets also served as a seating platform. Then the tops of the cabinets would fold out (piano hinge style) into the open center space to form a large flat bed surface. Not unlike a camper shell setup actually.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94