Does anyone know about ARK Portable battery boxes and where to buy them

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
Hi Raul B

Thank yu for the review on the Ark Pak sorry about the long delay in the reply, hope all is well with everyone, thank god the weather is warming up here in Australia can start to get out a bit more with the family, if anyone has any questions please ask.

Regards

Brett from Ark

grogie

Like to Camp
As a DC to DC charger, I'm not very trusting of the running the smart charger's electronics, whilst simultaneously having my fridge plugged into the ArkPak.

If the vehicle's cigarette light socket has a 15 amp or greater fuse, then yes, you can use the ArkPak (DC-DC) charger cord to recharge the auxiliary battery - but keep in mind that it will take multiple hours of driving, anywhere from a few hours to upwards in the range of 8 to 12 hours drive time to top off a battery that has been allowed to be depleted near the 60 percent level.

My advice - do not run a device that draws a heavy load off of the ArkPak - while simultaneously using the ArkPak (DC to DC) charger for an extended period of time. When it comes time to hit the road - I recommend running the fridge off a separate circuit , which is independently wired and fused back to the vehicle battery, with regards to whatever 12v DC outlet is being used for the ArkPak DC-DC cord.

So, while camped, I can plug the fridge into the ArkPak with no problem. While on the road, I feel it's best unplug the fridge from the ArkPak while it is recharging the auxiliary battery.

Thanks for this information. I'm curious why the Ark isn't designed to first pass power from the vehicle to the fridge while driving down the road, and then take any excess power and charge the battery? Seems like more work to have run two separate lines… one to the Ark and one to the fridge for while driving.

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
Thanks for this information. I'm curious why the Ark isn't designed to first pass power from the vehicle to the fridge while driving down the road, and then take any excess power and charge the battery? Seems like more work to have run two separate lines… one to the Ark and one to the fridge for while driving.

Hi Grogie

thanks for asking such a great question, the primary objective of the Ark Pak is to maintain/charge the battery that is inside it, so charging priority is given to the battery first there is only a single charging line going in once the battery as been given priority and is getting a stable charge from either AC home charge or DC car charge any excessive is then able to power the item that is plugged into it.

while everyone's circumstances are different i do agree with TacomaAustin that if you are going to run something that requires alot of A/h to operate if you do have the ability to charge the Ark Pak up while driving and then plug the item into an auxiliary socket that is powered by the car this is a good idead as the Ark pak will be getting charge up to 100% for you, it will help extend your run time.

if you have any more questions please ask.

Regards

Brett

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
Hi All

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your support during the past year and I hope that 2017 will be a prosperous year for all of us.

This year our closure period will be as follows:-

CLOSING DATE: Thursday 22nd DECEMBER, 2016

RESUME: Tuesday, 3rd JANUARY, 2017.

so if you post any questions or send any emails during this time we will not be in a position to answer them untill we re open in January 2017.

We hope that you have a pleasant, safe and relaxing holiday period and we look forward to staying in touch with you in 2017.

Regards

Brett from Ark

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
Hi to all in the USA

if you think its all BBQ's, sunshine and beach's in Australia right now then your wrong check this photo out.

snow 2016.jpg

GOT YA :Wow1::Wow1::Wow1: its boiling hot and i couldn't think of a better place to send summer

stockton beach.jpg

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
Hi all

i hope all is well just wanted to advise that Ark will be at the overland east 2017 expo we will be sharing a stand with a company called GFA trailers at site 85 so if you have any questions or want to come down and check us out please do

OverlandExpo-East2017-728x90.jpg

a link is also below for the overland east 2017 expo

https://www.overlandexpo.com/east/

hope to see you all there

Regards

Brett from Ark

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
Hi to all

just wanted to advise that i will be at the overland west 2018 show details are below

Join us May 18 – 20, 2018 for
Overland Expo WEST at
Ft. Tuthill County Park, Flagstaff, Arizona, USA

FRI 9-5, SAT 8-5, SUN 8-3

https://www.overlandexpo.com/tickets-west/

i will be on GFA trailers stand number F13 check out there website

they have kindly invited me on there stand so if you have any questions about Ark Products or your want to see the product in person just drop by the stand

https://www.gfatrailers.com/ark

take care and look forward to seeing you all there

Rgards

Brett from Ark

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online